UK Aspies: who will you vote for in the June elections?

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 7:52 pm

In practice UKIP are xenophobes, and share things in common with the BNP. But really nationalists will sometimes hover around several parties to see what sticks.

SDFarsight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Feb 2010, 10:02 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
In practice UKIP are xenophobes, and share things in common with the BNP. But really nationalists will sometimes hover around several parties to see what sticks.

Anti-European Union =/= xenophobia

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 4:59 am

0_equals_true wrote:
In practice UKIP are xenophobes, and share things in common with the BNP.

Would you like to elaborate on those remarks?

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 5:28 am

well.. it would have to be lib dems or no one primarly because labour and the tories haves screwed up but it is my opinion that who ever you vote for you will be dissapointed.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 5:33 am

SDFarsight wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

Anti-European Union =/= xenophobia

I never said it was. I said in practice they are xenophobes.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 5:34 am

Tequila wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

Would you like to elaborate on those remarks?

I don't care either way.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 10:14 am

whichever way you vote, the government still gets in.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 1:16 pm

0_equals_true wrote:

I wouldn't have called UKIP xenophobes...but then again I don't know a lot about about them other than having read some of their policies and that they are eurosceptic.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

JonPlatt
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Apr 2010, 2:31 pm

JonPlatt wrote:
If I could vote (and I can't, because I'm underage), I would probably vote for the Conservatives, because they have promised to re-criminalize Sharia law, and they generally seem to have much more a spine than the Labour Party.

Actually, I've changed my mind. Generally, I don't claim to actively support any party, but I really like our local Lib Dem MP, I don't like the Tories' plans to cut public spending on everything, from the way Mr Cameron talks he seems to be saying whatever people want to hear and doesn't really seem to care about anything else, the Labour Party are far too politically correct, and generally the Lib Dems aren't as bad as the other two main parties. So I'd vote for them. But even though I don't really like the Conservatives, what Labour have done to our country in the past several years makes me definitely prefer both the Tories and the Liberals over them.

Asp-Z wrote:
The UKIP and BNP are different - Griffin in a holocaust denying Nazi who's party wants to kick anyone not white out of the country. The UKIP, from what I know at least, isn't anywhere near as extreme, and says being British is about belief in fairness etc, not ethnicity.

Definitely true.

0_equals_true wrote:

I think that's unreasonable and I definitely agree with Asp-Z on this. I don't agree with UKIP's main policy of getting Britain out of the European Union, but I really like how, from what I know, they're actually patriotic, and they think that being British is about belief in democracy and fairness, which, to a certain extent, is true. But I doubt they think that all foriegners are the same, and certainly they don't agree with the BNP's racist white nationalism. There needs to be a bigger sense of national pride in Britain, and it has to be about our values rather than about our ethnicity. And UKIP advocates the former, wheras the BNP advocates the latter.