Judge John Conner in Ohio and child rape

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

PinkPanther
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Mar 2006, 9:57 am

Judge John Conner in Ohio sentenced an admitted child rapist to probation only and no prison time. Andrew Selva admitted to having a... and o... sex with two young boys ages 5 and 12. The judge is quoted as saying, 'he has a disease like I have a disease'. The judge claims to be an alcoholic.

This links to a newspaper article....
http://www.dispatch.com/features-story.php?story=dispatch/2006/03/09/20060309-B1-00.html

This links to a newspaper article...
http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060310/NEWS01/603100303/1002

This links to the news website containing the video discussed in the previous newspaper article...
http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/

parts
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 11:07 am

Quote:
Judge John Conner in Ohio sentenced an admitted child rapist to probation only and no prison time. Andrew Selva admitted to having a... and o... sex with two young boys ages 5 and 12. The judge is quoted as saying, 'he has a disease like I have a disease'. The judge claims to be an alcoholic.

Well maybe he should be in isolation(prison) till he can be cured(never) and isnt speading the "disease" and the judge should go to rehab for the same amout of time :evil:

Do you think he'd let him go if he killed someone to pay off his gamblig dept or for money for drugs? Yet in another thread somewhere someone was getting a life sentance over pot :evil:

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 11:57 am

parts wrote:
Quote:

Well maybe he should be in isolation(prison) till he can be cured(never) and isnt speading the "disease" and the judge should go to rehab for the same amout of time :evil:

Do you think he'd let him go if he killed someone to pay off his gamblig dept or for money for drugs? Yet in another thread somewhere someone was getting a life sentance over pot :evil:

No big surprise here. The system often works to enable and assist pedophiles. I think this is because judges are mostly powerful wealthy men and they do not recognize or cannot empathize with the damage that is caused by sexual assualt whether perpetrated on children or women. It must be very hard for powerful men, men with prestige and wealth, to "see" the ways that this behavior harms the vulnerable victims and society.

All that victims can do is hope that their complaints can protect future or other victims who might be suffering in silence. In my experience I know someone whose child was harmed by a pedophile. The family did not have much faith in the system, but filed a complaint with police because it is required by law that they do so. Anyway, that first complaint initiated a police investigation where police found other victims of this pedophile. We are all still waiting for the final outcome.

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 12:04 pm

I bet this judge also molests children. Thats the only reason I can think that he's given this guy no jail time. I am so sick of hearing that pediphilia being a disease. It's not a disease, notice noone says, " murder is also a diease."

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 12:12 pm

Paula wrote:
I bet this judge also molests children. Thats the only reason I can think that he's given this guy no jail time. I am so sick of hearing that pediphilia being a disease. It's not a disease, notice noone says, " murder is also a diease."

Yes, it does seem that the judge's lack of condemnation for the abuser is tantamount to supporting the abuser. It does seem very suspicious that the judge would be so empathic with the abuser. I think those are obvious conclusions that any person might make. Oh, but we are not supposed to state such conclusions without "proof". No one is supposed to notice this totally obvious thing.

pooftis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2006, 1:33 pm

last time I check being an alcoholic didn't mean you raped children, so I don't see how he thought it was the same thing. He should be removed from the bench.

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 1:58 pm

PinkPanther wrote:
Judge John Conner in Ohio sentenced an admitted child rapist to probation only and no prison time.

he should be terminated! :twisted:

PinkPanther

15 Mar 2006, 8:54 am

If live in Ohio, you can write all your local politicians to tell them how you feel about Judge Conner’s sentence and the impact you think it might have on your life and your community. Ohio residents can look up their politicians contact addresses at http://ohio.gov/respolitics.stm

For those who do not live in Ohio but want to do something about this, they can write the Ohio’s Commissioner of Tourism and tell her why you will not be spending your vacation dollars in Ohio. I recommend signing your first and last name as well as your city and state or city and country in your message.

Claudia Vecchio is the contact name for the Ohio Department of Development Division of Travel & Tourism according to the TIA.org website (Travel Industry Association). Ohio's tourism website email form is located here: http://www.discoverohio.com/contact/contact.asp