Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 7:04 pm

Im sorry to bother everyone but i need advice. I'm in a very bad situation. My father is physically abusive. Just today he threathend me with a knife. I asked him put a bottle of vitamins off to the side, and he didnt', i asked politly again and he starts spoitting all sorts of riduculus irrevlant nonsense, saying mostly nothing and being belligenrent doing so. i tell him stop your making no sense and he assumes an attack posture with a butcher knife. He then goes and immediatly lying ands says something completelly differrent happened. he used all sorts of manipulative verbal garbage and then gets child like with the dog. this is'nt the first time either. i tap him to get his attettion, i start to forgive him for being a jerk and he cracks one accross my face. hes constantly threating to throw me in the street or an instiition if i dont like his "magnamanomous" treatment of me. he complains constantly about how costly food, medical etc is but it didnt stop him from buying a new sports car and big screen tv, :x right after he was laid off his job. He has no problem grabbing and shoving me around especially when he hears something he doesnt like wich doesnt even involve him.
thats just the tip of the iceberg. i wish i could explain better thats just the most recent stuff.

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2006, 7:30 pm

Hi, I am saddened to hear of the way your father is treating you.. Are you under 18? Is there another relative who you might be able to talk with, or maybe live with ? He has no right to treat you this way, and I am concerned for you, and for your safety. Are you in the US? If you have other siblings in the home, who are also being mistreated, you should contact Children's Services..Your father is overwhelmed with many things, but none of them are your fault. He is just overwhelmed and without answers for himself.. Your safety and well-being is the top priority right now..Do not go through this alone, someone is going to help you.Talk with a counselor at school, a nurse at school, a teacher, they are ther to help you...Peace.....

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 7:36 pm

You are not bothering anyone hyperion, this is what the Haven is for. I think the way your dad treats you is absolutely shocking. Where are you based and are there others you can stay with? I think you should seriously consider talking to a professional counsellor as they may be able to help you and make sure you are safe as I do not feel that you are safe with your father if he continues to treat you like this.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 7:48 pm

Thanks. My problems is i dont know who would believe me. My dad is a extreme pathological liar he
is very convincing to strangers(not to me). Im about the same size as he is, but the knife to me by suprise, im more worried that hes gonna pull some kinda thing and shove into some kinda "home" and leave me with nothing. My relatives probaly could'nt take me on, and my state has the worst dyfs in the country

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 8:17 pm

additional problem i was put on medication that hurt my memory, i have right things down as soon as they happen

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 8:25 pm

after a while things seem to be not so bad, until it happens again, my thoughts just fuzz out after a while, and i think well maybe he do something decent

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 8:42 pm

rushfanatic wrote:
Hi, I am saddened to hear of the way your father is treating you.. Are you under 18? Is there another relative who you might be able to talk with, or maybe live with ? He has no right to treat you this way, and I am concerned for you, and for your safety. Are you in the US? If you have other siblings in the home, who are also being mistreated, you should contact Children's Services..Your father is overwhelmed with many things, but none of them are your fault. He is just overwhelmed and without answers for himself.. Your safety and well-being is the top priority right now..Do not go through this alone, someone is going to help you.Talk with a counselor at school, a nurse at school, a teacher, they are ther to help you...Peace.....
my brother is in college

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 8:45 pm

hyperion wrote:
Thanks. My problems is i dont know who would believe me. My dad is a extreme pathological liar he
is very convincing to strangers(not to me). Im about the same size as he is, but the knife to me by suprise, im more worried that hes gonna pull some kinda thing and shove into some kinda "home" and leave me with nothing. My relatives probaly could'nt take me on, and my state has the worst dyfs in the country
or maybe he will do something really nasty my mind is fuzzing out again.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 8:49 pm

I remember you mentioning the problems with your memory in a previous post. You say you have to write things down as they happen, I think it would be worth asking a professional counsellor if you could use what you have written as evidence provided its dated, unless you have a dated diary in which case you wont have to do that.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 8:56 pm

I forgot to mention hes taken all my finances. my college fund was about half or all the cost of the sports car.

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 10:15 pm

Is there any way you could move in with your brother while he's at college?

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 10:39 pm

pyraxis wrote:
Is there any way you could move in with your brother while he's at college?

thats a thought i dont envy. my brother was(is) a spoiled impish brat, my dad let him away with everything cuz he could chase a ball around field. My brother spends allmost all of his availble time drinking and gambling.(what a shock). Eventually my dad did the doing the same crud to him that he did me at the very end before he left, and never figured out why he doenst do much of anything. i seem to recall the term is passiv-agressive, My bro only does enough to not get yelled at, hes pretty much on the path to turning into my father.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 10:56 pm

further, my brother has zero compunction against doing anything physical to me, he came home for spring break started a fight with me and i was blamed. he picked me up and slammed me against the wall,(see a pattern?) hes also alot stronger than i am. and feels no obligation toward me whatsoever. My dad perversly thinks hes helping me

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 11:19 pm

Something occurred to me,(happens very rarely) my father is constantly talkin more and about moving to some place in the middle of no where in whole other state, uhm that would be bad right?

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 11:28 pm

Hyperion:
You need the cops.
Sorry, hyperion, but that's the bottom line.
beentheredonethat

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2006, 12:30 am

beentheredonethat wrote:
Hyperion:
You need the cops.
Sorry, hyperion, but that's the bottom line.
beentheredonethat

i have no idea of the outcome, i live in the most screwed up legal jurisdiction on the planet. they might take one look at me, nuerologic condition, psych drugs, miserable verbal skills and mind in a general state of fraggitute and decide im the bad guy. HEs the most prodigious pathological liar on the planet in the past i nearly did call the cops but, ithought maybe he come around, and the state had(has) worst family services on the planet, i should clarify im 24 i really weak mentally and physically. he ignores me for months on end, i try talking to him and say the wrong thing and he go nuts his face, most of the time he storms off. looks golum trying strangle a hobbit, i begg all the time help me out and he tells me to shut up or gives me a fake yes i helping you. Its only my mother that moderates him. im talking to a counseler tommorow. about what im able to recall there been 3-4 5? incidents wheres he really gotten physical with me never with a knife before though like he made like he was gonna stab me and then pulled back, i cant say how bad is bad. He is incredbly verbally abusive at the drop of hat, he'll be talking about regular stuff and if i respond, not even about him, in a manner that displeases him he'll turn into gollum face, drag go on and on and about ridulace stuff you cant answer, storm off and get really child like with dog