Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 7:49 pm

I rather like kids now, as an adult ( though I don't want to have any of my own). When I was a kid, other kids thought I was strange and odd. But as an adult, little kids look up to me as some sort of knowing, seeing "big person". It makes me feel rather special and important. I can reach the stuff on the top shelf, I know why the earth is round, I know how to make great paper airplanes... kids look on in awe and can't wait to get big themselves ( though not old. I echo THOSE sentiments, too). My nieces think I am so cool--- they're only 4, but I don't care. I enjoy it now because when they're 16 I won't seem cool anymore... I'll just be another strange person to them, the way I am to so many other "bigs".

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 9:20 pm

skahthic wrote:
I can reach the stuff on the top shelf, I know why the earth is round, I know how to make great paper airplanes... kids look on in awe and can't wait to get big themselves ( though not old. I echo THOSE sentiments, too). My nieces think I am so cool--- they're only 4, but I don't care. I enjoy it now because when they're 16 I won't seem cool anymore... I'll just be another strange person to them, the way I am to so many other "bigs".

I never liked kids (even when I was one), yet somehow my train wreck of a career has led me to working with teenagers. They're actually very likable and ridiculously funny. And, like being able to reach the top shelf, there are some things that the kids admire that are so mundane for adults - it's kind of fun. And, as is demonstrated by my score on the EIQ test, their lack of emotional maturity suits my low EIQ :lol: - I don't go a day without a belly laugh at work - and I don't always have much control over it. For example, I might find a drawing or something that another adult would turn the kids in for but sometimes, if the drawing's funny, I can't not laugh hysterically, even if it's crude. I should qualify that I work with good kids so their shenanigans are pretty harmless.

But on the topic of asexuality, I am not asexual but I don't like touch, so that's sort of a hurdle. I do like sexiness, though - like cool boots or outfits that are just right, nice hair - things that are understated but super sexy. I enjoy being femme (I'm bi - which I suppose negates asexuality), and I appreciate and admire both sexes - I just don't really want to touch them.

maleb
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Feb 2010, 9:35 pm

it's like your first bite of chocolate! You never craved it before, but after having a few bites, can't live without it :)

I was a late bloomer for both, my daughter didn't come around till I was in my early 30's. Didn't have a huge craving for sex before my first time and never had a real interest in children, now I can't live without either.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 10:17 pm

Good for you. I wish I was asexual but I'm not because I'm very much attracted to females. I wish I could live life where I am happy being alone and I would never need other people but it doesn't work that way with me. Curse my hormones.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 4:52 am

Sometimes I wish I was too. Because of obsessive thoughts about sex instead more important in that moment :D

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY