Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 9:53 pm

As a child I felt so different that I thought I was an animal. But there wasn't a specific animal that I thought I was. I don't feel like that any more because now I know that there are other people who are similar to me. But I still relate closely to animals.

genly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Feb 2010, 10:00 pm

When I was a kid I thought everyone else were aliens and that I was the only human.

Brennanthefurry
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Mar 2010, 1:25 am

This is exactly how I feel! I feel like I am supposed to be a fox. Ever since I could talk I would ask myself, wheres my tail, why are my ears on the side of my head? I've caught myself yelping, when in pain, barking at cars etc. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin and i'm not happy in my human body.

23enigma
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2010, 2:15 am

I feel a bit alien sometimes, but it doesn't really bother me that much. Really I know that I am a human, but I don't really think I have a "human" mind... I just see mans aggressive behavior, and how we are destroying the world and nature and I think to myself "why am I like these people?"

Personally I wish I was an alien. Because its always better being different and interesting than normal and boring!

Last edited by 23enigma on 23 Mar 2010, 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 2:17 am

I've always felt that way. Though for a few years early on it was a reptilian/amphibious thing that could fly, which for all intents and purposes was a dragon. Now it's a winged puma.

CerebralDreamer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 7:48 am

I've felt like this for a long time. 'Human' just doesn't seem to describe me. I don't have the same set of behaviors and tendencies as everyone else. That said, I can't quite explain what I feel I should be.

It would be nice to have a private genetics lab and a couple centuries worth of research. I could get myself out of this body, and into something that feels more like 'me'.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 9:44 am

Not so much "wrong species," but I'd be somewhat overjoyed if a space ship came down to "recover" me.

Kewona
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Mar 2010, 10:21 am

Could it be that the word some of you are looking for is "Otherkin" ?

There's a community of people on the internet who feel like animals. Wolves, cats, dragons, elves, whatever. Some of them are convinced they actually have the soul of that animal, which, for whatever reason, was born into a human body (and might return to its original form after death), so it gets a bit into religious-ish beliefs.
Some of these people actually feel "phantom limbs", i.e. they feel like they have a tail. Or when they look into a mirror they're sort of surprised to see no fangs and furr. Some of them actually have crushes on dragons (or whatever) and not so much on humans.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 10:26 am

i am the right species with imposters of the wrong species crowding my arena of life

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 5:29 am

pensieve wrote:
I suppose you are so obsessed you start to feel like the animal you are so obsessed about.
When I was little I wanted to be a boy. I was not tomboy or a lesbian as people said, but I just mimicked boys so perfectly. Even these days I'm sick of trying to look girly.
I've never really saw myself as an animal...maybe a monkey. There was a time when I was obsessed with them. I was a climber and made the noises too.
Actually I used to pretend to be a dog before reaching adolescence. Yes I can recall it now; walking like a dog, eating like a dog, sitting like a dog. My mum must have been so worried about me. I even used to roll up my fingers so it looked like I had paws instead of fingers.

It's kind of ironic that quite a number of people on the spectrum have (or have had) experiences of this kind, and anyway they say that we can't play imaginatively... :?
I had a great imagination as a kid too, and liked to imagine that I was another person (many different kinds, eg. Pippi Longstocking or something similar).

justMax
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 10:59 am

I am a cat trapped in a human body, not a furry, nor an otherkin, or whatever that stuff is.

Just a cat-type Aspie.