Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

M_p_furo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2010, 7:15 pm

Valoyossa wrote:
I always wanted to be like Björk, but it's hard to do when you are 180 (6'0) tall :lol:

I bet you could still pull off the swan dress. :)

riverspark
Toucan
Toucan

22 Feb 2010, 9:08 pm

druidsbird wrote:
I don't really know what I am, but I gave it a name: Spark.

OK, this is wild. I keep seeing the word "spark" all over the place on WP. I came up with that term for myself independently of anyone else. IS this a term of great (ASD) minds think alike or something? :)

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 12:48 am

Apera wrote:
My view of self is always changing. Currently I fancy myself as a well programmed, 100,000 year-old robot.

This is about how I feel. I've never felt human, but I don't really see myself as anything else organic, either. I'm really robotic. Everything I say and do when I'm around people is so contrived, like I'm running "NT Program 1" or "You ARE Neurotypical, Damn It! 2.0"

Also, something about my CPU being a neuronet processor, a learning computer :lol:

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 1:40 am

riverspark wrote:
druidsbird wrote:
I don't really know what I am, but I gave it a name: Spark.

OK, this is wild. I keep seeing the word "spark" all over the place on WP. I came up with that term for myself independently of anyone else. IS this a term of great (ASD) minds think alike or something? :)

Hmmm. I also came up with Spark independently. Even before I found WP.

You must be right, great ASD minds think alike. :)

DGirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2010, 2:03 pm

ASdogGeek wrote:
growing up I was convinced I would change spieces when I was older. I have always concidered myself to be a cat and wolf cross even if it is impossible

This is fascinating! As a child I thought I was a cat from a planet of sentient cat beings, reincarnated as a human as an "experiment." We had our own language and history and everything, which I chattered about to anyone who would listen.

I thought for certain that I would die soon (before growing up) and turn back into a cat and go back home, and waited years for that to happen... Still here though lol

kittyjess
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2010, 6:20 pm

I have always considered myself more of a cat, perhaps a cat/human hybrid but not really human. I understand normal animals much more and find myself more at ease.

-blush- I have always mewed and purred, that's how I like it (and how my partner does too)

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 11:28 pm

DGirl wrote:
ASdogGeek wrote:
growing up I was convinced I would change spieces when I was older. I have always concidered myself to be a cat and wolf cross even if it is impossible

This is fascinating! As a child I thought I was a cat from a planet of sentient cat beings, reincarnated as a human as an "experiment." We had our own language and history and everything, which I chattered about to anyone who would listen.

I thought for certain that I would die soon (before growing up) and turn back into a cat and go back home, and waited years for that to happen... Still here though lol

That's profound for a kid. At what did you come up with this?

DGirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2010, 11:51 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
DGirl wrote:

I was nearly eight. And I still have the notebooks filled with "religious" "legal" and "historical" documents on our "planet" that I carefully wrote out in the pig-latin-esque "cat language." It was a huge part of my life; made me happy whenever I felt ostracized. Good memories! Meow

redwulf25_ci
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2010, 12:13 am

DGirl wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:
DGirl wrote:

I was nearly eight. And I still have the notebooks filled with "religious" "legal" and "historical" documents on our "planet" that I carefully wrote out in the pig-latin-esque "cat language." It was a huge part of my life; made me happy whenever I felt ostracized. Good memories! Meow

Did you have a name for the species?

DGirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Feb 2010, 1:01 am

redwulf25_ci wrote:
Did you have a name for the species?

No, it was pretty basic: we were "cats" (lol @"we" - it was only me! hehe) Gee I hope none of this qualifies as psychosis - I was just an imaginative kid looking for meaning

BTW - did you ever think you were a wolf?

:)

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2010, 1:25 am

I definitely identify more with cats than humans.

I too as a child tried to be a cat (and felt I secretly was one); walking along the floor with the other cats in the house, mimicing their meows and calls, aping their body language.

Interestingly enough, author Edith Wharton also strongly identified with cats and wrote she felt more like one of them than a typical human.

INTJ.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 1:37 am

I used to feel like I was really from a more intelligent and advanced extraterrestrial civilization.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 12:39 pm

I've never really felt human. I have felt that I should most likely belong to a different species. Cats, of course.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 2:14 am

MartyMoose wrote:
I used to feel like I was really from a more intelligent and advanced extraterrestrial civilization.

This too. If not a robot, then this. I'm always asking myself things like "Why do humans _____"

Things like
A: Chit chat
B: Kiss with tongues (iccccckkkkk!)
C: Work 40 hours a week
D: Whatever it is that humans do

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 9:24 pm

When I was younger, I would imitate a lot of the behaviors of cats. I would purr, yowl, hiss and meow. I loved tucking a string into the back of my pants for a 'tail' (I felt 'incomplete' without one) and whenever I crawled on all fours, I would curl my fingers under to make them look like paws. I identified much more with cats then I did with humans.

To this day, I still feel much the same way. Not so much with cats as I did when I was younger, now it is mostly with wolves. I love the idea of werewolves, that you could change into a wolf and 'escape' being human for a while.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 9:33 pm

I feel that I should have been born a dog, or a rat.