What´s the good kind of girl for aspies ?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 10:38 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Vyn wrote:
You must run in some lower age brackets among gamers, because it's rare for me to find nasty, immature, insincere gamers over the age of 20ish. Somewhat immature yes, but that's far more than just gamers that are at that age. Nasty? Not really, I know very few gamers that are "nasty" that aren't ridiculous kids under 17.

Why would I speak to gamers in lower age brackets? I'm nearly 25 years old.
Immature: Its very common amongst gamers to have the 4chan attitude.
Nasty: See above

I think you will find male gamers target female gamers like myself and this nastiness, immaturity, bitchiness etc comes out as they single us out and project it on us. You should try speaking to lots of females who go to male dominated gamer forums.

Stupid 4chan idiots who need to rip others to shreds to make them feel secure about themselves, Tear women to shreds so they feel like big men.

The ONLY place I have ever not been targeted by this treatment is at a forum with a well balanced number of female and male gamers on the website. There are a few idiots still, but the majority of the people at this place are cool.

Quote:
Insincere, I'm honestly not sure what you mean by that. If you mean not very open, then yes, very few people are open on the internet, gamer or not, because it's really just not that wise an idea. If you mean just flat out liars, then it's still mostly the younger teenagers.

All I mean with that is gamers are no more or less sincere than non gamers.

Quote:
Promiscuous... this one I find somewhat odd. Do you mean they like to have sex, talk about sex constantly without getting it, are perverted, or simply open to sex vs prudish? Or some combination of those? Because mostly the ones I see are the ones who like sex and have it a lot because they're open about it, which is around my age level (22). The ones that simply blab about it with every other word are again, the younger teenagers.

I mean they have a lot of sex and talk about it constantly, and often treat women like pieces of meat. Male dominated places again, like highschool boys locker rooms. They don't do this on balanced websites or IRL if its balanced genderwise. Not prudish and promiscuious are two different things.

Even in civilised balanced genderwise gamer communities sex is always the main topic by both genders. Being a member of these and several non gamer communities you can really see the difference.

Quote:
This is going off my experience and I've been gaming since I first got a Nintendo in 1993

You're a male though, it sometimes makes all the difference. Their true natures come out when they target the minority at the time (females)

Ah, now that is completely understandable. However, the majority of people on 4chan and related boards are rarely over 20. But I completely agree with you that they're pretty much all incredibly immature as*holes hiding behind anonymity, bigotry, lies and racism/sexism.

As for your response about promiscuity, I think you're giving FAAAAAR to much credit to those as*holes that they're getting any sex whatsoever. Because the vast majority, aren't. I do agree that it's still the main topic of conversation with a possible tie of actual gaming topics. Not on 4chan of course, but on more... intelligent forums like gamefaqs, gamespot, mmo-champion and whatnot. They still have their young asshat population, but nothing like 4chan.

Also, it's sad but true that behind the anonymity of the net those males will act the way they do toward people, but females aren't their only target, any group can be. Jews, Blacks, homosexuals, furries, it doesn't matter.

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 10:49 pm

Vyn wrote:
Ah, now that is completely understandable. However, the majority of people on 4chan and related boards are rarely over 20. But I completely agree with you that they're pretty much all incredibly immature as*holes hiding behind anonymity, bigotry, lies and racism/sexism.

As for your response about promiscuity, I think you're giving FAAAAAR to much credit to those as*holes that they're getting any sex whatsoever. Because the vast majority, aren't. I do agree that it's still the main topic of conversation with a possible tie of actual gaming topics. Not on 4chan of course, but on more... intelligent forums like gamefaqs, gamespot, mmo-champion and whatnot. They still have their young asshat population, but nothing like 4chan.

Also, it's sad but true that behind the anonymity of the net those males will act the way they do toward people, but females aren't their only target, any group can be. Jews, Blacks, homosexuals, furries, it doesn't matter.

Its not the people on 4chan. Its people one normal boards with the same attitude, and you're wrong, they are not usually younger than 17, most commonly aged between 16 and early 30s. Trust me I know a lot of gamers.

The sex comment might apply for silly immature gaming commuinties, but i've seen it in civilised ones. They are nice people and cool gamers often very good looking and friendly and likeable, but all they care about is sex.

Your comment is about sex deprived virgin, mine is about normal, friendly gamers who can attract people, people who are sexed up and just don't care about anything else.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 11:25 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Vyn wrote:

Its not the people on 4chan. Its people one normal boards with the same attitude, and you're wrong, they are not usually younger than 17, most commonly aged between 16 and early 30s. Trust me I know a lot of gamers.

The sex comment might apply for silly immature gaming commuinties, but i've seen it in civilised ones. They are nice people and cool gamers often very good looking and friendly and likeable, but all they care about is sex.

Your comment is about sex deprived virgin, mine is about normal, friendly gamers who can attract people, people who are sexed up and just don't care about anything else.

Ah, I mostly avoid forums except for this one, the Marvel boards, and occasionally the EJ forums (which are very strictly moderated) and the MMO forums. Most of my gaming interactions are based on interactions in games, which, because I only game online on PC's, and pretty much only on RPG's and others with friends. Perhaps I have too high an opinion of people over the age of twenty.

Also, I think your definition of gamer differs from mine. I understand the literal term of course, but I tend to think gamers for people that are like me, and others as people that play games. Tomayto, Tomahto, but w/e lol.

Anyways, I can see your point about sex, I've been playing within a very small tight-knit group for the last month or so and we haven't really been doing that... but then I think back to when I was in a WoW guild... yeah, sex was about the only topic besides occasional snipets about the raid or pvp. Damn it's been awhile since I've played an MMO...

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 5:06 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Perhaps another Aspie, or at least someone into sci-fi, RPG, video games, etc.

Video games? Do you actually know many video gamers?

Video gamers are often the most nasty, immature, insincere and promiscuous people out there.

Most of my social circle over the past 10 years has been hundereds and thousands of these people. I love many of them to bits, I can say its quite an accurate stereotype.

I liked lot of video games in my teens. Now I rarely play them. I have been played Zelda Spirit Tracks lately.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 5:20 am

Nsider2 is filled with idiots and most of them are teens. But I go to that place and have a low post count.