Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Frosteh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2010, 6:26 am

I've always had a hard time with tests in school, my brain just seems to shut down and I can't remember anything about the subject. Even if I know the information, I just can't get it onto the sheet of paper, but if i'm in a practical situation I can always remember what to do. Anyone else like this?

DarkOnister
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Feb 2010, 3:53 pm

Yeah that is common. Its called 'exam nerves' as some people call it.
I get that and I find coursework/assignments easier than having to take exams.

You have to show as much knowledge as you can within a set amount of time and the thought alone about that makes me feel uncomfortable.
Its pressure, doubt and .... something else.

Solution: Revise work, get a good night sleep (Its not a figure of speech), good breakfast.. or lunch if its the afternoon. You can revise a little a few hours away from the exam but never try revising just before the exam as your mind seems to think there is always more you could of added.. and it tries to think about it and ultimately giving you exam nerves.

I had a Maths exam at 1pm.. I got a good night sleep, breakfast and did 1 hour of revision at 9am in class with classmates. After that our tutor told us to relax and chill for the exam. "If you don't know it now.. then you will never know it then"
(perhaps not entirely accurate, but forcing yourself to remember something or doubting yourself is possibly the worst thing that could happen in the exam)