Page 14 of 14 [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 5:21 am

WallflowerAsparagus wrote:
My very loved little 2003 VW Beetle called Ramone. Been into VW Beetles & Kombies from a young age. I've had Ramone for three years now. :heart:

adorable autos absolutely :heart:
how reliable has it been for you? I heard they were high-maintenance. :o

WallflowerAsparagus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 5:28 am

auntblabby wrote:
My very loved little 2003 VW Beetle called Ramone. Been into VW Beetles & Kombies from a young age. I've had Ramone for three years now. :heart:

He is a total lovebug. :heart:
He has never had a break down or anything like that as such, but I had issues recently regarding the EPC light on the dash coming on and needing a few things replaced that needed diagnosing.... That took $$$$
Last year I noticed a few troubles regarding overheating / coolant evap and the average place I was taking him to was unsatisfactory - I now take him to a lovely German makes and models only repair shop. They are good with him and knowledgeable. I don't like him being unwell and I don't like not having him around. We have great times together. :D

Last time I took him in they said he was cosmetically they best early New Beetle they had seen around. :heart:

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 156 of 200.
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 56 of 200.
RAADS-R score: 175.0
Artist | INFJ-T | heterodemisexual.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 5:30 am

auntblabby wrote:

He has never had a break down or anything like that as such, but I had issues recently regarding the EPC light on the dash coming on and needing a few things replaced that needed diagnosing.... That took $$$$
Last year I noticed a few troubles regarding overheating / coolant evap and the average place I was taking him to was unsatisfactory - I now take him to a lovely German makes and models only repair shop. They are good with him and knowledgeable. I don't like him being unwell and I don't like not having him around. We have great times together. :D

Last time I took him in they said he was cosmetically they best early New Beetle they had seen around. :heart:

I always wanted one from the start when I sat in one, but could never swing it financially.

WallflowerAsparagus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 6:41 am

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I always wanted one from the start when I sat in one, but could never swing it financially.

I understand. This one was second hand, so not as expensive and even though I went in to purchase him on my own, I was able to talk down the price significantly....
The salesman reminded me slightly of Danny Devito in Matilda and I found him to be rather sexist. He kept saying that his son (who also works there) was interested in me and if I went on a date with him that evening, he would drop the price of the car.... I said no, shuddered and told him my offer and that I was not going to go any higher. $7,000 AUS. He initally wanted ten!
Got the cheque and took the car. I think my knowledge on the car impressed him. I ain't mucking around here. :lol:

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 156 of 200.
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 56 of 200.
RAADS-R score: 175.0
Artist | INFJ-T | heterodemisexual.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 3:25 am

I understand. This one was second hand, so not as expensive and even though I went in to purchase him on my own, I was able to talk down the price significantly....
The salesman reminded me slightly of Danny Devito in Matilda and I found him to be rather sexist. He kept saying that his son (who also works there) was interested in me and if I went on a date with him that evening, he would drop the price of the car.... I said no, shuddered and told him my offer and that I was not going to go any higher. $7,000 AUS. He initally wanted ten!
Got the cheque and took the car. I think my knowledge on the car impressed him. I ain't mucking around here. :lol:

:wtg: wish I had that kinda moxie :bounce: