Do Avatars Strongly Affect How Your Read a Person's Posts?

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2006, 9:27 pm

Out of all the avatars I'v ehad, I like this one best, and well probably use it for a long time. I take NeantHumain a little less seriously with the avatar he has now in comparison to his older ones. I like to think mine is symbolic of my personality. The facial expression, the body language, it fits me well.

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2006, 7:44 am

Namiko wrote:
I like to identify people by the avatar they use, so it's easy for me to tell who's posting if I recongnise their avatar.

Good point, I also get terribly confused when someone changes their AV, I can't recognize them anymore until I read a few of their posts.

I love frogs. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2006, 9:14 am

My current Avtar depicts how I'd look, if I was a Bus.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2006, 8:38 pm

Well you're in luck, cause now I have one, Renaeden. I'm not sure if I should stick with this picture though. There's another one I really really like, but I think I'll use the other one as my MSN avatar.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2006, 3:50 am

Yay danlo! (But it looks weird...)
I am curious to know what your other one looks like now. It's like sending me half a
message(kidding).

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2006, 6:47 am

My avatar is the best =P and i won't change it

OTTILY
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2006, 11:06 am

NeantHumain wrote:
I have noticed someone using a different avatar now (don't remember the old one, just know it's different), and it changes how I read the tone of their messages and how I perceive them as people, too. I often don't even remember someone if they change their avatar or think they're a whole new person.

I was just wondering the perennial question: Is anyone else like this?

That is exactly me too, but the avatar they use at a certain time is depicting part of their personality so when they change it's just showing us another mood/interest. I think it's ok to read their post from a different perspective than you would have previously because it's still them, just a different aspect of them.

I have had the same tarot card since I joined, I may change soon, when my mood changes though.