In few words :D

I am hypnotised.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 12:08 pm

I'm positively in love with the world itself. I cry tears of joy upon seeing it's beauty occasionally. The people on the other hand, no. I think we were a mistake. We are nature's biggest mistake in so many ways. And still, I love the people. The poor especially. Those in need of help. They are much more pure than those who need no help. The more power a man has, the more corrupt his thinking becomes and the more detached he gets. Those in need can be shaped to look upon the world with beauty, to know humanity, but only if those that help them are truly Human. Altruistic people who understand their place in the world.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 12:08 pm

The world is crap. It's full of idiots, hypocrites, evil, discrimination and crime. Anyone on the spectrum is tossed to the side, with only a tiny percentage of us even in jobs. Most people in the world give up their dreams and turn into sheep and lead nothing but a variation of a life lived millions of times before. I refuse to do that, though. I'll make the world I'm in a very nice place, at any cost. At the same time, I'll prove wrong everyone who doubted me.

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 12:20 pm

the world is cyclical and pattern-based.

spheres orbiting spheres, made up of smaller and making up larger patterns of spheres orbiting spheres.

people want a reason for life? continue the cycle. continue the pattern. the golden ratio is easy to follow.

Last edited by waltur on 25 Feb 2010, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 12:21 pm

I believe in human potential, but it will probably end in tears.

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 12:25 pm

i believe in human potential for establishing a legacy. to design our own evolutionary descendants. technological advancement supplants biological evolution and blurs the line between the two. humans have too small of a memory. not because we don't live forever, but because our intergenerational communication methods are so poor. we think and act as many, but live and die as one.

mortality is beautiful. when it's gone, there'll be remorse.

LipstickKiller
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2010, 2:49 pm

I'm likely influenced by buddhism, or maybe I sought out buddhism because the thinking appealed to me. I see the world as potentially fantastic, but because we are the way we are we keep hurting each other and ourselves. There's infinite suffering in the world, but I'd like to think there's also happiness, or potential happiness.

On a less philosophical basis I agree with the OP. I often find myself mesmerized by aspects of my surroundings, like the afternoon sky, tree branches covered in frost or all the different types of snow, the way it falls and swirls and glitters and crunches and swooshes and the way it looks when the train has splashed gravel onto it.

It's also a confusing place, and whereas some people seem to adjust and find a perspective that is stable, I can't grasp the concept of the world, it's too overwhelming.

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 3:38 pm

LipstickKiller wrote:
I'm likely influenced by buddhism, or maybe I sought out buddhism because the thinking appealed to me. I see the world as potentially fantastic, but because we are the way we are we keep hurting each other and ourselves. There's infinite suffering in the world, but I'd like to think there's also happiness, or potential happiness.

On a less philosophical basis I agree with the OP. I often find myself mesmerized by aspects of my surroundings, like the afternoon sky, tree branches covered in frost or all the different types of snow, the way it falls and swirls and glitters and crunches and swooshes and the way it looks when the train has splashed gravel onto it.

It's also a confusing place, and whereas some people seem to adjust and find a perspective that is stable, I can't grasp the concept of the world, it's too overwhelming.

Yeah, I think Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism are some of the better spiritual systems because they are human oriented.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 5:24 pm

God gives me the free will to like the 60s, and the rest of the world can do what they want. If people don't like me, they don't have to bother with me. I have The Kinks. I'll be fine. I also have my free will. I do my own thing, and I don't hurt anybody. The world is something that I blaze my way through, day to day.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 5:28 pm

I don't think it exists.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 5:29 pm

It's crazy out here

"If you feed your faith your fears will starve to death"

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrandonJ280

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 6:25 pm

I totally agree with Brandon-J on that one.... especially where I live, there's been a couple of violence and killings, its complete nuts out there, that's how I grew up, but I don't take that route, there is somewhere better to go and that is talent. 8)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 8:40 pm

The world is, for the most part, scary and unloving. But the Lord has been kind to me; I am part of a kind and loving family, and we are content with the life He's given us.

anxiety25
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 9:35 pm

It's there... can't do much to change the things I don't like, and can never get enough of the things I do :P

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." -Luna Lovegood

Vance
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Feb 2010, 10:53 pm

I'm generally happy to be in it, and hope to visit and experience more of the interesting bits in future years. I love the bits of it that comprise of beautiful countryside and historical places.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

25 Feb 2010, 11:56 pm

I think that the world isn't what we like to think it is...our save haven, a home that will always be here in some form or another. We are just a speck within many, many other specks that form up another speck and...well, you get my point. We are so insignificant that we may as well think of this earth like we think of sub-atomic particles. We are unseen and so tiny to the point where we may as well not exist at all.