Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

25 Feb 2010, 11:56 pm

I think that the world isn't what we like to think it is...our save haven, a home that will always be here in some form or another. We are just a speck within many, many other specks that form up another speck and...well, you get my point. We are so insignificant that we may as well think of this earth like we think of sub-atomic particles. We are unseen and so tiny to the point where we may as well not exist at all.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 12:09 am

Our world is wonderful! Our home the Earth is beautiful. Life on the Earth is so marvelous and plentiful! Geography is breathtaking. Figuring out the geology and the evolution behind the creation of all we can see has been incredibly exciting and fulfilling.

The universe around us is just mind boggling and absolutely gorgeous. I wouldn't mind flying around in a spaceship exploring the galaxy for the rest of my short life. As exciting as the discovery of, for example plate tectonics, has been, it pales in comparison to the discoveries of the mysteries of the Universe. We've only now begun to figure things out.

However.

All this is completely and utterly lost on the vast vast majority of us humans. We don't know how to appreciate all this. Actually, most of us aren't even aware of what is going on.

In simple words: people suck. They are stuck hating each other, forming little groups and enclaves, drawing arbitrary borders, killing each other, engaging in fulfilling their base desires such as sex and substance abuse, ruining the world, making irrational decisions based on feelings and emotions, RELIGION (need I even elaborate that one)?

We are only one short step removed from caveman existence, and we've got a long long way ahead of us.

WoundedDog
Raven
Raven

26 Feb 2010, 12:09 am

Infinitely hostile. A clump of dust hurtling through space infested with animals that all want to eat each other, that will eventually fizzle out like a spent cigarette.

Experiences may vary.

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 5:26 pm

Might just be two turds in a bidet.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 6:25 pm

Wow, we have some very divergent views! :lol:

It depends - sometimes I see only beauty, other times I am depressed and feel beat up by it all. Even when I'm happy I just want to get out. In Buddhism existence is likened to a prison from which one can escape. I'm trying just that. Because of that, and my changing perspectives, I'm inclined to believe it really is a very complex mind object and if I can develop my mind, I won't suffer any more, regardless of what I experience here.

To quote Hank Williams Sr. "I'll never get out of this world alive."

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 6:35 pm

The world feels lonely, without logic, and doesn't really know where to put me.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 7:59 pm

Stars strung across endless time, and what was stars beneath my feet. If it was forever, that would be fine, but it is new, only fifteen, and growing. Matter and energy converge in life, all from one DNA, unfolding, making chage, changing, going somewhere.

Like some flower unfolding, all six billion possible combinations of human DNA at once, and a technology that puts all past ages way in the past.

The flower does not come without roots, stems, leaves, it seems filler, but it is needed for the flower to bloom.

Many more now educated, but only the technology path has the born spores who thrive. The plant will die back, it already rots, but new life feeds on decay. Buddha did see this endless cycle, and that it was always rising. Tesla wrote of the whole world being able to communicate, directly, without governments, and instantly. He saw that as the world reaching it's maturity. When the parts of thoughts within each can be shared with all.

So we go toward one way, and are repelled by many others, just dealing with them is upsetting, for that is not our world, but it does need to exist. Buddha also warned of the dangers of lower energy states, that you would be dragged down, and our path must be to raise the total energy of the world.

To do that we had to gather our kind from the world, add to each other, knowledge, energy, a shared path, Art, Music, Science, Engineering are our part of the Great Machine. We gather knowledge, labor for years in isolation, but each part has a place.

To be people, yet repelled by people, to look upon the stars as friends, the feel of a stone, the endless forms of plants, to admire their being, yet find cities, mass transport, the ant hill of humanity, depressing, is our lot.

To turn your back to the world, go your own way, follow your star, we may be slowed, stopped, but we always return to the path, our only path.

We will not overthrow the world, rule the world, but we will change it totally. Many were needed who spent all of their time focused on other people, it made the factories run, and what we see as empty lives were full to them. They too saw empty lives, and thought they had climbed to a higher place, just as those who come after us will.

We were alone, met a few others through books spread over hundreds of years, and now comes the gathering, the internet, Wiki, coming to learn of our core differances, sharing visions, exchanging knowledge, which is the mental side of our technology which follows a curve now going up rapidly.

The sum of knowledge is the only thing that grows faster than the population, and the population cannot continue. Populations have crashed before, but their technology continued. They may have stopped writing books, but they kept farming, wagons, pottery, baskets, and so shall we.

Life is a wonder, a sacred thing. Intelligence, talent, is another. It has chosen to produce a technology, that while humans have not changed much, technology and science have reached a critical mass, the gate to the true knowledge of reality is open, it will never be closed.

Open the way, don't look back. This world will pass away, a world will continue.

Like the internet, we will be more suited to the future.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 9:56 pm

It's a sick world out there.

justMax
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 10:08 pm

I think it is a beautiful, fascinating place, but it is not nearly enough.

I need far more time, and much better transportation for my awareness, as I need to find a way to travel freely along both the temporal dimension of this Universe, step sideways into other Universes, and eventually find some way to encode my awareness into the background sea of mathematics which illuminates the infinity of the possible.

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2010, 10:23 pm

In short:
I am mesmerized by it.

My more in depth feelings are that it's a horrifying place, yet full of beauty and light. I cannot tear myself away from the natural world, and humanity fascinates me (like watching a good movie), but I have very little faith in mankind. It saddens me greatly that humans have so little altruism towards each other or towards the other living things on this planet. I wish I had more time to observe, time to learn, whether it's hours in the day or years in a lifetime. However much time I end up having, I do not think it could possibly be enough. I try to keep hope for the future alive, but with the state of the world, I feel that it gets harder and harder as the years go by.

I have very much enjoyed reading what the rest of you have written. Many of your thoughts strike a chord with me.

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Feb 2010, 6:13 am

Danielismyname wrote:
I don't think it exists.

Do you mean doesn't exist completely at all? or doesn't in an objective sense, meaning its all a matter of perception/in your imagination?

For me I instinctively feel the world doesn't exist, meaning i dont instinctively feel anything at all (or at least i dont think i do!). As a result i started really questionning basic assumptions like does the world exist at all, is logical reasoning correct in an objective sense, do i even exist in any form at all etc etc.

However very recently (last Wednesday in fact) i suddenly realised i had 2 options (this was extremely sudden and felt really really weird). I could either carry on questionning these assumptions and most likely never come to any certain conclusion and end up getting very depressed.

OR I could consciously assume that the world and other humans exists, and what i see and perceive is real in an objective sense compared to everybodyelse. Even though its something i cant do instinctively, by consciously doing it, it means i now feel i can do what i want, and that is to help everybody in anyway i can.

In the end i decided to choose the latter of these two options as i felt no matter what the probability is of what i see in the world in an objective sense compared to others is real, or not, choosing that option would be more beneficial than choosing the other.

I hope that made sense in some way, and sorry for going a little off topic to what the thread is about

AspieGirl793
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Feb 2010, 9:17 am

I think the world itself is amazing. So many hidden secrets that's there for us to discover. It's beauty is amazing...I just wish everyone would see it the way I do.
The fact that we all live here and are similar yet so different makes my head spin. I love it. Perhaps we can all learn something from one another if we're willing to listen and learn.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 3:05 pm

A unitary ordered Cosmos following natural laws.

alana
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 3:13 pm

both of these

I'm positively in love with the world itself. I cry tears of joy upon seeing it's beauty occasionally. The people on the other hand, no. I think we were a mistake. We are nature's biggest mistake in so many ways. And still, I love the people. The poor especially. Those in need of help. They are much more pure than those who need no help. The more power a man has, the more corrupt his thinking becomes and the more detached he gets. Those in need can be shaped to look upon the world with beauty, to know humanity, but only if those that help them are truly Human. Altruistic people who understand their place in the world.

The world is crap. It's full of idiots, hypocrites, evil, discrimination and crime. Anyone on the spectrum is tossed to the side, with only a tiny percentage of us even in jobs. Most people in the world give up their dreams and turn into sheep and lead nothing but a variation of a life lived millions of times before. I refuse to do that, though. I'll make the world I'm in a very nice place, at any cost. At the same time, I'll prove wrong everyone who doubted me.

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 4:08 pm

There are nuts out there.
My goal is to find them and to eat them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 4:29 pm

Brandon-J wrote:
It's crazy out here

for some of us, it is "it's crazy out THERE."
and if you reply, your total number of posts will no longer be "666."