The last health ailment you suffered from

Page 23 of 30 [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 8:46 am

^^^that sounds like some bad sausage. :o

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 9:07 am

But it was so tasty :( But I have the irritable bowel syndrome and that's why :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 9:09 am

Irulan wrote:
But it was so tasty :( But I have the irritable bowel syndrome and that's why :(

well if it is any comfort to you, that is because in the words of the hindus, we all live in a "hell world." a world where the lions' share of good tasting stuff is systematically bad for one's health.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 9:10 am

Luckily, I've never had a major "health ailment."

But I've had this on-and-off headache for the past week or so. I think it's a cold which hasn't turned into a nasal stuffiness thing.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 9:11 am

There is such a saying that the lions' share of all those things that you enjoy, are either unhealthy or immoral or making you fat :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 9:13 am

Irulan wrote:
There is such a saying that the lions' share of all those things that you enjoy, are either unhealthy or immoral or making you fat :D

yup, i think groucho marx said that - "all the good things in life are either illegal, immoral, or fattening." :mrgreen:

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 9:16 am

I wasn't sure who said that :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 9:19 am

Irulan wrote:
I wasn't sure who said that :D

groucho was our later 20th century version of mark twain.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 9:23 am

Pain in my hips yesterday.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 4:13 pm

Womanly pains.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 4:17 pm

abcess under a tooth - appointment to get it drained 10/2 or sooner if the dentist has a cancellation.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 4:59 pm

Constipation.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 5:59 pm

The orthopedists says I have "frozen shoulders", since I've been suffering rom pain in my shoulders doe the past few weeks. Essentially, it's inflammation of the joints in my shoulder. It's common in people my age who suffer, among many things, diabetes.

The orthopedist scheduled me for physical therapy, except it won't be happening for a few weeks.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 11:44 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
The orthopedists says I have "frozen shoulders", since I've been suffering rom pain in my shoulders doe the past few weeks. Essentially, it's inflammation of the joints in my shoulder. It's common in people my age who suffer, among many things, diabetes.

The orthopedist scheduled me for physical therapy, except it won't be happening for a few weeks.

you can get a head start on PT if you want to. my husband's frozen shoulder improved by him doing exercises for frozen shoulder we found on youtube. just don't do anything that hurts. stretch is good. pain is worrisome unless supervised. i had a patient whose frozen shoulder completely reversed with PT. he was able to go back to having a great golf swing. best of luck. expect good things.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 2:50 pm

Headache accompanied by dizziness yesterday and today. I blame the weather, there's a cold front coming through tonight.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 4:21 pm

More dizziness yesterday.