No 27%  27%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 37

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 3:13 pm

Are you a Trekkie :?:

If you are

What was your favorite series :?: (I think my favorite was The Next Generation)

Who was your favorite character :?: (Odo was mine)

What was your favorite episode :?: (I think mine was the one where Odo discovers that he is actually one of the Founders)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 5:07 pm

I like the original Star Trek, and Spock is my favourite character. I like the episode, where they were on this planet that had giant plants and flowers. I don't remember the title of that episode. 8)

Thank you for starting this thread. :)

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 5:28 pm

First series great.

Favorite bit of all time where the second captain flies his Starship into the planet eating enormous- looks like made of blue white rock tube-thing . Was it called Leviathan?

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 5:48 pm

First series
I started watching star trek in 1973, as I was born when the series piloted.

My favorite episode is " MIRROR,MIRROR."

Its where the landing party transposes Kirk,Uhura, MCcoy and Scottie with their alter-egos .

I just watched it on u-tube a few days ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE6-vxzboZw

M_p_furo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2010, 8:04 pm

I'm a The Next Generation fan. I think my favorite character is Data. I liked when he was dating some woman and used different personalities to fit the situation....they were so extreme though. :lol: I guess I can identify with him (but not completely of course) of always trying to fit in, but usually missing the mark.

I can't think of my favorite episode at the moment.

Maranatha
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2010, 8:19 pm

What was your favorite series: Original Series

Who was your favorite character: Spock

What was your favorite episode: The one with the blob-monster that is afraid of humans and writes "NO KILL I" on the ground... classic.

Frosteh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Feb 2010, 9:12 pm

I'm a proud trekkie

What was your favorite series Question: It's a three way tie with DS9/TNG/Enterprise

Who was your favorite character Question: I've always liked Garak, and T'pol for obvious reasons :)

What was your favorite episode Question: I can't think of a favorite at the moment

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 11:53 pm

Were! !?....;)

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 12:05 am

Tolerance is perhaps Star Trek's most enduring theme.

I wonder why that was so close to Gene Roddenberry's heart :?:

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 12:58 am

memesplice wrote:
First series great.

Favorite bit of all time where the second captain flies his Starship into the planet eating enormous- looks like made of blue white rock tube-thing . Was it called Leviathan?

Was that the 'Crystaline Entity' :?:

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

26 Feb 2010, 2:08 am

The Next Generation is my favorite series. I am just now starting to watch TOS (have seen all the movies).

My favorite character would be Spock, though Data is right up there, too.

A favorite episode that comes to mind would be Darmok from TNG.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 4:27 am

NO, NO, but my dad has always been a real star trek nerd, so I have seen just about every episode over the years. I do admit, I like watching it with him just a tad, but that is because it makes me laugh, because I dont have a very good imagination, and find most scifi funny :shrug:

Timberwolf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2010, 4:51 am

The original series and most deffinately Spock until they started do 'humanise' him. To me that's just another example of how NTs view us. Like if they keep talking about the social emotional crap that we will all change and become 'Normal' like them. They do it to all robotic, android, logic based characthers because they can't accept the fact that people don't see things the way that they do so they have to comfort themselves with this 'softening' of harsh personallities.

BTW Voyager was the absolute worst and put me off for life. It was sickening to see the entire crew of a warship turn into the delta quadrant' social workers trying to make everyone 'ply nice'. Yuk!! !

Favorite episode was the long banned 'Plato's Children'

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 10:44 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I like the original Star Trek, and Spock is my favourite character. I like the episode, where they were on this planet that had giant plants and flowers. I don't remember the title of that episode. 8)

"This Side of Paradise".

memesplice wrote:
Favorite bit of all time where the second captain flies his Starship into the planet eating enormous- looks like made of blue white rock tube-thing .

"The Doomsday Machine".

Maranatha wrote:
The one with the blob-monster that is afraid of humans and writes "NO KILL I" on the ground... classic.

"Devil In the Dark".

Yes, I'm a bit of a Trekkie - why do you ask? :)

My favorite series was Deep Space Nine, or, as we liked to call it around our house, As the Station Turns (supporting our contention that the best soaps are SF shows - another classic was All My Cylons).

Favorite character was Garak, if only for the conversations he had with Dr. Bashir.
("My dear doctor, everything I've told you was the truth!"
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies.")

And now I'm blanking on the title of my favorite episode - in which, in order to bring the Romulans on board for the Dominion War, Sisko consents to let Garak manufacture evidence of thus-far-nonexistent crimes against the Romulan Star Empire by Dominion forces. And when the Romulan ambassador figures out that it's faked, his ship home mysteriously explodes. At the end, Sisko is still wrestling with his conscience - he was at least indirectly responsible for the deaths of everyone aboard a Warbird, but he probably saved the lives of most of the Alpha Quadrant, but then again maybe they could have succeeded without the Romulans anyway....

Another favorite was the season-one obligatory Q episode.
("You hit me! Jean-Luc would never have hit me!"
"I'm not Picard.")

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 1:32 pm

DS9.

Odo, Garak, and the local Ferengi.

I liked the scene that adressed how irrational some vulcans are by having Quark lecture one on basic economics.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 3:11 pm

Maranatha wrote:
What was your favorite series: Original Series

Who was your favorite character: Spock

What was your favorite episode: The one with the blob-monster that is afraid of humans and writes "NO KILL I" on the ground... classic.

-The Devil in the Dark-

ruveyn