Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

aspie_giraffe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2010, 6:51 pm

just wanting to know who likes stuffed animals(love giraffes), i seem to have many and just wanted to find out if anyone is the same

Kaizer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2010, 7:18 pm

yep same i guess its just nice just being able to pick something randomly up an carry it around with you without it being able to runaway or be busy lol

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 7:33 pm

I've always had many stuffed animals, though I call them stuffies - which I now realise I've never written down before, it's a weird looking word. Anyway, I used to pile a bunch of them on my bed to go to sleep, my mom was always afraid of me suffocating :lol:
Even now I've got about 30 lined up near/on my bed, and many more throughout my two rooms. I have to really try hard not to buy more whenever I'm out and see a cute one. The only time I buy them any more is if I'm travelling, I always get a stuffie as a souvenir. And well the only other exception was when I saw a giant 4 foot dog for only $20! Of course I was buying that, there was no way I was leaving the store without it, it's so soft. :lol:

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 8:25 pm

I do ! Like two years ago I went to an Ikea store with some friends three times and basically I bought all those available :wink:

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2010, 1:39 am

^Ikea has a great selection! I have to try and avoid that section when I go. The only ones I've caved and got from there are a large brown bear (nalle), a multicoloured snake that is at least 6ft long (djungelorm), and a posable unicef bear they used to sell.

corruptedsmile
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2010, 3:35 am

i only like big stuffed animals or ones that carry memories. I've lost my stuffed animal when i moved to my dads house. i had a really big dog stuffed animal that i got from my grandparents. it's good to think about them but i get anxiety attacks around people im not close to so i never visit. i hope people write about stuffed animals with memories because those are good to hear about.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 4:45 am

I keep an old Meowth stuffed toy quite close to me, for the memories mostly. Lots of memories.

aspie_giraffe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2010, 2:41 am

Avarice wrote:
I keep an old Meowth stuffed toy quite close to me, for the memories mostly. Lots of memories.

omg i also have a meowth, i keep it to remember the care free times of my childhood, before i had serious anxiety

i hold memoreies in everything, not just my stuffed animals, but if anyone asked me i could tell them the when where and why of every one of them

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 6:01 am

I have a fair few.
I like that you can cuddle them when you are having a rough day, and after a while they smell familiar.

Withdrawn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2010, 8:48 pm

I have always liked stuffed animals.
Stuffed animals that I have: a rottweiler puppy, an elephant, a snake, a dutch rabbit, a hedgehog, a monkey baby, a golden retriever puppy, a bear cub, a piglet.

EaglesSayMeow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2010, 10:07 am

I have a few on my bed. I used to have more until I moved, they're all packed away for the next two years.
Oh well, I'm hopefully getting a few at IKEA soon too.

Usually, I prefer dolls-especially the 18" American Girl ones, I have five of those, and I keep them next to me on my bed.

Right now, I only have four stuffed animals on my bed:
A dog I got at a fair, I love her because she's really squishy
A snow leopard from TY I got right before I went to Italy four years ago
An old doll my aunt gave to me
A dog-like thing from the Natural History Museum, I love him because he's got these disproportionately large front paws that make him look so sweet.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 6:05 am

aspie_giraffe wrote:
Avarice wrote:

omg i also have a meowth, i keep it to remember the care free times of my childhood, before i had serious anxiety

i hold memoreies in everything, not just my stuffed animals, but if anyone asked me i could tell them the when where and why of every one of them

Very simple objects contain memories for me, from stuffed animals to coffee tables. Even places in video games...

I don't know why, probably because everything seemed simpler then, even if it wasn't.

nika7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2010, 8:30 pm

i still have a stuffed jellyfish.... I love him

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2010, 8:58 am

I LOVE stuffed animals...I have a ZOO in my room.

5 pandas from big to small
lots of bears
polar bear
2 Dolphins, a big one and a small one
dog
duck
chicken
disney's
and lots and lots of bears

KrissyDawn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2011, 3:03 am

ive got my sons room full of stuffed animals cause i ran out of room in mine and now that im married its alittle odd to have them kinda like all the other things i got because i thowt it was pretty or cute and now have no clue where to put. most of them are pretty big i had one that i really liked and i gave it away so i could make myself outgrow it. it dint work i miss that elephant like crazy and i cant get it back now cause either no one knows where it is or it got sold but i cant find another one just like it either

Grete
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2011, 3:24 am

I like them, although I only have an Ikea rat in my bedroom at the moment.