Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

barbedlotus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Feb 2010, 11:47 pm

A little before I got pregnant that wonderful teenage metabolism went kaput. I started to gain weight in the six months before and of course it skyrocketed from their with being prego and then being unable to nurse and so unable to get the kick start on loosing the baby fat that nursing provides. This accursed weight is such a pain (litterally and figuratively) and I know a lot of my inability to lose some pounds is from my diet, especially how much I hate vegetables, most fruits and the taste of diet drinks. The vegetables and fruits thing is ALL texture related. That crunch when their raw is just nails on a chalk board to me and the mushy cooked texture makes me gag. Diet drinks make me really nauseous. At home I try to stick with ice tea and water when I remember to get filters (the tap water here tastes terrible and bottled is SO expensive). At work its a little harder. My shift is either really early or really late so I usually end up resorting to caffeine. Coffee just tastes nasty so it's usually soda but then I run into that sick feeling if I try the diet stuff. We don't have anywhere to store a big jug of tea (yeah I'm one of those people that seems to be always thirsty), but I did try filling a bunch of water bottles. I'd get to work a little early and tuck them in the big bottom drawer of my desk with my purse, but if I got there actually on time or a little late I get a bunch of stares for carrying in so many bottles (silly thing to bug me I know).

Anyone else run into these problems or have any tips?

Barbary
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2010, 12:14 am

Barbedlotus,

I am in the same boat as you. I have gained about 30 lbs since September, mostly due to how I eat. Like you, I can't stand tap water or diet sodas because I can't stand the taste. I like coffee but I can't drink it without some kind of sweetning in it. I also don't really like fruits and vegetables because I really don't get any pleasure from them the same way I do with fatty foods.

barbedlotus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Feb 2010, 12:57 am

It's kind of a headache isn't it? Lately I've been having cravings for food I totally hate, so I know its my body telling me I need what that food has. I wish it would turn off the aversion long enough for me to eat them because when I try same nauseating result and I usually feel sick the rest of the day. Doing the whole splitting meals into smaller and more seemed to help a little but I seem to have leveled off on that. I really wish I could get back to at least a healther weight range (frankly I hate how I look skinny anyway and so does my sweetie so they high end of healthy would actually be perfect).