Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2010, 5:02 pm

I stumbled on this while mindlessly surfing the interwebs...

---------

EXCERPTS FROM A DOG'S DIARY
Day number 180
8:00 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
9:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!
9:40 am - OH BOY! A WALK! MY FAVORITE!
10:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!
11:30 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
12:00 noon - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!
1:00 pm OH BOY! THE YARD! MY FAVORITE!
4:00 pm - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!
5:00 PM - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
5:30 PM - OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE!

Day number 181
5:30 PM - OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE!

Day number 182
1:30 pm - ooooooo. bath. bummer.
5:30 PM - OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE

EXCERPTS FROM A CAT'S DIARY

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture...Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors,I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair...must try this On their bed.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was... Not working according to plan.

DAY 768 - I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still LODGED between my teeth.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event, however, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand has got to be an informant, and he speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my activities. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time...

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2010, 5:51 pm

LOL, That sure seems about right, doesn't it? :lol:

Those who know, don't speak.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

28 Feb 2010, 6:04 pm

That's pretty funny, but I know my dog thinks a lot more things than that. He understands so many words and sentences that we've even started having to spell some of them as to not get him overly excited. He now even knows how to spell 'walk'...it's ridiculous.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2010, 5:35 am

Brittany2907 wrote:
That's pretty funny, but I know my dog thinks a lot more things than that. He understands so many words and sentences that we've even started having to spell some of them as to not get him overly excited. He now even knows how to spell 'walk'...it's ridiculous.

Many domestic dogs are quite adept at memorizing verbal and gestural cues. Much more so than their wild relatives, for obvious reasons. 8)

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 11:46 am

Yup, that's right (only skimmed it though :P).

Cats also manipulate us, they learn what noises get our attention then mimic them when we won't give them food or strokes :D

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 1:27 pm

Amazingly accurate!

I've always suspected cats are masters at mind control. I have come to think that they do manipulate humans.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 1:35 pm

persian85033 wrote:
Amazingly accurate!

I've always suspected cats are masters at mind control. I have come to think that they do manipulate humans.

And here's some science to prove it.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 1:51 pm

Why am I not surprised? They know how to use it to their advantage, too. :lol: It's a great way to get back at your humans when they've annoyed or bothered you. Simply wait until they're sleeping, and...meow! Wait, I mustn't be giving any kitties ideas! Those purrs and meows are impossible to ignore!

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 3:09 pm

XD
You know, I always thought it was weird how some people absolutely hated all cats or absolutely hated all dogs. I like both of them, though I tilt towards cats.