Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which do you like more in gaming consoles?
Microsoft 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
Microsoft 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
Sony 12%  12%  [ 14 ]
Sony 12%  12%  [ 14 ]
Nintendo 25%  25%  [ 28 ]
Nintendo 25%  25%  [ 28 ]
Other 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Other 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Hell, I dont play video games! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hell, I dont play video games! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 114

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2006, 9:58 pm

I don't game anymore because it's boring now, but I might buy the Revolution. Until they bring back arcade style side scrollers I don't plan on gaming much in the future. I miss Gradius, it won't work on my SNES anymore. :( I still haven't found the one they made for PS2, but I know it's out there.

Jerick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Mar 2006, 1:28 pm

ok this is about microsoft, nintendo and sony not what you think about a game and what you did is just considered spamming

Jack_O_Lantern
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2006, 2:33 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I don't game anymore because it's boring now, but I might buy the Revolution. Until they bring back arcade style side scrollers I don't plan on gaming much in the future. I miss Gradius, it won't work on my SNES anymore. :( I still haven't found the one they made for PS2, but I know it's out there.

Here here! Kill 3D! I want 2D side-scrolling platformers, fighting games and beat-em-ups. Why won't anyone make them???? :cry: :cry:

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 9:12 pm

For me if I had to choose a system it'd be a toss up between Sony and Nintendo, both have seemingly more variety of games to choose from than Microsoft it seems at this point and both have a longer history in the video game market.

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2006, 1:20 pm

I think sony will win because Microsoft had some dificulty getting the 360 directly on the market, Nintendo on the other hand will be doomed for at least a few years (maybe like close to a decade) I think sony has it in the bag if you know what I mean!!

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2006, 4:48 pm

dgd1788 wrote:
I think sony will win because Microsoft had some dificulty getting the 360 directly on the market, Nintendo on the other hand will be doomed for at least a few years (maybe like close to a decade) I think sony has it in the bag if you know what I mean!!

It didn't have difficulty...it was an intentional shortage so they'd get a higher profit....

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2006, 12:00 am

Veresae wrote:
dgd1788 wrote:

It didn't have difficulty...it was an intentional shortage so they'd get a higher profit....

That doesn't really make sense. Even if they made more profit on each console because of the shortage, they made less money overall because the massive R&D costs must be paid for before any true profit can be made. The shortage was not intentional.

I voted after reading the poll but before reading the first post so I voted for my favorite (Nintendo) and not for who I think will win (Microsoft).

Nintendo is simply too, well, uncool to win, it'll do better than it did this generation but it won't return to NES/SNES like dominance.

I think Sony is going to have a lot of trouble keeping costs down, which will translate into either higher market price, or significant losses. Delays will also hurt sales.

Microsoft's Xbox 360 on the otherhand is seen as cool, is out right now, is cheaper than the PS3 will be and it has the promise of Halo 3.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 11:25 am

I'm not too keen no Nintendo (even though I have a DS) because the variety of games on their consoles are a bit childish.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 11:31 am

The Xbox 360 will die off unless Halo 3 is in fact the second coming. Even then it'll do poorly in Japan. The inability of the system to run all of its Xbox games (and not even the good ones at that; too bad if you want to play Shenmue II, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Metal Slug 3, Jet Set Radio Future, or Alien Hominid. Hope you like Kabuki Warriors, Barbie Horse Adventures, Drake of the 99 Dragons, and Shadow the Hedgehog) is just sick and though I'm no expert in console design, at least a system's disc reader shouldn't scratch discs so that they become unplayable!

Nintendo's system has potential yet also seems like it could flop spectacularly. When hearing of launch titles like Bob Ross' Painting, you think wtf, but the supporting Genesis&Turbografix 16x games makes me a happy consumer (Glory to Gunstar Heroes and Contra III and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood, and Bonk's Adventure, and Raiden, and Alien Soldier). If by an act of emulation ingenuity they manage to offer Saturn Games for download, I do not care if everything else sucks because I need to get my fix of Dynamite Deka, Virtua Fighter 2, Radiant Silvergun, Wachenroder, Shining Force III, and Sakura Taisen. Additionally, that Smash Bros Revolution is a launch title will boost sales some.

PS3 looks very tempting when it finally comes out. No regional lockout, full backwards compatibility, yet it seems so...expensive; why spend that much for a console that will be limited to 640x480 resolution at best? Metal Gear Solid is a movie, not a game (Kojima seems more interested in putting some long elaborate plot; I'm the type who is satisfied with the plot "Ninjas have kidnapped the president. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue him?") and I'm not interested in Killzone III (shooters are best done on a computer). Ratchet&Clank became a joke with Rachet: Deadlocked (screw the exploration, we'll just have him blow things up), so this only leaves God of War 2...I'll probably get one if the region-free nature also works with PS1&2 games (I want NamcoxCapcom, Bishi Bashi Special, and whatever Super Robot Wars title I can pick up!)

Rhadamanthus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Apr 2006, 8:37 pm

My prophecy of future events:

The future will be a time of tension. Microsoft, it's foul presence looming over the gaming industry like an Imperiator Class-II Star Destroyer, will unleash it's armada of quasi-decent games to gamers around the world, while Sony will unveil it's new, unforseen powers with the PS3. Great warships will be built, mighty empires will rise and fall, and the gamers will writhe in agony at this brave new world of technological and emotional turmoil. Games will escalate and spiral uncontrollably, bringing only chaos and destruction. Finally, each company will unleash games so massive, so unbelievable, that they will ravage our world...and each other.

And then there shall follow a brief silence...and then the weeping, the tears of millions of gamers will fall on the ruins of civilization.

And then...a shimmering golden phoenix shall rise from the ashes like the Millenium Falcon from the belly of the Death Star, and it's gleaming wings will soften the tears of the gamer multitude, and will bring order and peace to the land, a new golden age of video games.

That phoenix's name...is Nintendo.

Yeah.

How they put off atonements in the world
With foolish satisfaction, thieves of time,
Until too late, until the hour of death."
-The Aeneid, Book VI, lines 762-767

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2006, 8:47 pm

Of course, I could call myself a diehard Sega nut and get myself a Saturn...except import games cost a fortune.

Stallion_72
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2006, 4:11 pm

This whole poll is messed. Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft don't make the games, they simply make the consoles and publish the games. Don't forget about computers either since they are the major source for gaming. A system is only as good as the games coming out for it, and the games are only as good as their developers make them.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2006, 9:15 pm

Whhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ZeroSpace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2006, 4:27 pm

Right now I would have to say it's PS2 first, followed by Xbox/360, all leading gamecube. There just aren't that many quality games on the system, and most of the good ones are also on PS2, Xbox, or both. Back in the day though, it was ALL about the SNES. Despite the fact that there was no REAL competition *coughSEGAcough* the games were reasonably priced, and there were lots of really good games. Zelda, Secret of Mana, Breath of Fire, Megaman X, Mario, the list goes on. Those games may be inferior to todays games in terms of the game engines used, but the quality of control, story and enjoyment factor crush anything from today. The one significant improvement over the years is the memory card, which if you rent games, allows you to hold onto your progress, instead of the next renter wiping it off the cart.

cyrus1874
Raven
Raven

07 May 2006, 3:08 pm

I have to say Nintendo because I grew up with one and have followed many of the game series (Metroid and Starfox in particular). I, unfortunatly, have to agree that many of the games made by Nintendo are a little childish.

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2006, 9:03 pm

Fiz wrote:
It will be between Sony and Microsoft, can't really predict any further than that Im afraid, and then this maybe wrong but hey.

Are you kidding???? Sony with their $600 price tag on PS3 is going to be targeting a much more niche audience than before. Microsoft is in a way is no different, however I'm beginning to respect the house that Gates built a little more thanks to their newfound respect for Nintendo. Does that mean a partnership? No, but it's still good for the industry to have Wii as a cheaper and more intuitive alternative to more hardcore gaming experiences. :)