Is this a sign of her wanting to be in a relationship withme

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Barbary
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2010, 11:57 pm

The girl that I sit beside every Monday and Wednesday in class asked me if I wanted to go to a presentation with her on Friday. Our professor was issuing an announcement, and she turned to me and said do you want to go to it? I said yes. Sometimes she comes up to me and always talks to me.

john_johnson
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Mar 2010, 12:01 am

it certainly could be... The only way to know for sure is to be direct and ask her. I have a bad habit of getting to know women and constantly questioning myself in regard to whether or not they are trying to give me signs that they want to be in a relationship. Inevitably, I wait around, and get stuck in the friend zone. Don't make that mistake. Make your intentions clear from the beginning if you want to be in a relationship.

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 12:03 am

I would say that she is interested in you. After the presentation ask her if she wants to get some coffee, lunch or something like that.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 12:34 am

Does that signify that she wants to be in a relationship with you? No.

Could she be interested in getting to know you better? Possibly. As the Magic 8-Ball says... "Signs point to yes" - but no definites.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Sound
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 4:04 am

makuranososhi wrote:
Does that signify that she wants to be in a relationship with you? No.

Could she be interested in getting to know you better? Possibly.
Bravo, well said.

If you're interested in this girl, and don't want to scare her off, work on the assumption that she simply finds you interesting or cute, and nothing more.
Ditch your assumptions, flirt often, be fun and funny, be comfortable, and if you have something fun coming up soon, invite her and anyone else who might want to come. It's not a date. Things could happen, but it will happen on it's own.

Barbary
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2010, 9:03 pm

So I am going to meet with Steph tommorow and it will probably just be me and her listening to this lecture. I want to ask her if she wants to go out for coffee, but I am a bit nervous and don't know how to go about doing it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 9:11 pm

After the lecture tell her that you are going to get some coffee and ask her if she wants to join you. If she says yes then you will be able to discuss the lecture with her. If she says no just say "Ok, see you in class" DO NOT make a big deal out of it. If you do she will most certainly not be interested in you anymore.

mom2bax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Mar 2010, 9:45 pm

i agree with metal man.
that way it gives her an opening to accept or decline but it is in a totally casual way.
and then if she accepts and coffee goes well, you could say this was really fun would you like to get together for lunch/dinner/a movie etc.
at some point if you like her you will have to just put it out there.