Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 4:33 pm

Firstly Omerick I thank you for taking this debate seriously. If you have read some of the previous posts, it's clear that some people will just not accept any blame on their people. They use sarcasm as a way of dodging the issues. It's mere collateral damage and Israel and the US are completely without fault. I know you do feel for the Palestinians which is more that can be said for some others on this website. The Palestinians are automatically wrong, because they are Muslims and/or Arabs. They associate no blame to any leaders of their own. That's why I take the side of The Palestinians. Because most peoples minds are already made up. If they were to see that documentary, they would at least get a lesson in knowing that the Palestinians are not just a bunch of "pissed off Muslims" living with the sole purpose of killing every Jew and Israeli in sight.

I must admit I do not know much in the way of the lives of ordinary Israeli citizens. I'm sure living in the environment you do, must be difficult. There is a solution, but it would require both sides to concede too much, and I think we both know that wont happen. It's a pity.

Omerik wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with people settling here, I'm sorry. I also don't see a problem with Israel occupying the territories at the time when its existence was in question. I do see a problem holding it permanently. Gaza needs to be freed, no question. But you seem to lack the history of this hatred. Jews didn't start it, fanatic muslims did. I'm not even sure they had any majority.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on that. What happened in WW2, was terrible beyond any definition. But why should the Palestinians suffer? They played no role in the Holocaust. What people don't understand is that if you don't take away the rights of people they won't become fanatic in the first place. Like Mr Bush and his "war on terror". Isn't it just going to cause more hatred for the US?

Yes, I know it's easy for me to say that people should make more of an effort to fight for what is right. I'm sure this can't be easy. But as you can see, both your people and the Palestinians want peace. It's those in power who are not content in everyone having a piece of the pie. It's all or nothing for them.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 11:00 pm

I have seen and i know there exists lots of Israeli and Palestinians for peace movements (one i know of is called PAJU but that's the french acronym). From what i've seen, a fraction of the Israeli population is not content with what is going on as well. It's mostly the group representing the settlers and those that promote them that are provoking such havoc in the region.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 4:30 am

Here's another Documentary to watch....

It deals with the so called war on terror

click here