Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 1:22 pm

My favorites are HDMI cables, they tend to have a soft, supple exterior while being thick and sturdy. Gold plated connectors are a nice touch.

However USB is clearly the most versatile. And there will always be a soft spot in my heart for 15-pin game ports.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 1:29 pm

A person can drown here

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 1:34 pm

I will drown in English dictionaries to answer!
But reminds me Halber Mensch movie and my lovely concerts.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Last edited by Valoyossa on 04 Mar 2010, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 1:56 pm

A picture is worth a thousand words

alana
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 1:57 pm

absolutely. My parents didn't know how to handle me because I could see right through illogical b.s.

It was hard for me to accept an answer that wasn't logical

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 3:33 pm

Almost nothing like me. Being stuck in logic analytic mode makes my brain hurt like it's wrapped up in electric barbed wire. Great for some people but for me, yecch. I don't actually remember being like any of those subtypes although I had a little in common with some of them. This makes sense as whenever someone thinks they have listed The Definitive Subtype Guide there is always more. I have a good grasp on my autism subtype but I never see it listed in things like this.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 9:08 pm

I do mostly fit "Logic Boy", but also a bit of "ADHD Emotion Boy" and "Anxiety Emotion Boy"

Heliobacter20
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Mar 2010, 4:01 am

Ha ha, that me all right! Works well with my patients though because I always give them the rationale behind what I am doing instead of just telling them "you have to". Actually, if I let myself I will teach them everything about their illness/medication/treatment....probably more than they wanted to know. The handy part is though, I am great at teaching students and family members of patients say I should be a teacher.
But yes, I won't accept a rule "just because" so I don't expect my patients to either.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 9:21 am

I'm probably mostly a rule boy... overcontrolled since the description of neither being a problem at school nor at home ring very true. I've never thought about myself being a particularly rule bound person, but looking back on things I was very much oriented that way. My fascination with timetables and schedules is probably closely related to this, as well as my general unwillingness to break any rule (though if following a fairly nonsensical rule is going to adversely affect me, I will break it). Avoiding conflict and flying under the radar... that describes me very well.

Parts of the OCD Fantasy ring true for me. I never was into video games but would frequently get lost in musical thoughts during class.

It's strange how that article has so many subtypes under Emotion Boy. The way I understood things, ADHD and OCD spanned across as a different spectrum.

petitesouris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2010, 10:43 am

pat2rome wrote:
Not impossible; I can do both. Like I said before, I've accepted that most social rules are illogical. That doesn't bother me, though, because they still have a reason behind them. These rules exist because that's how most people are wired for interaction, they arise from biology.

even if the rules are somewhat programmed biologically, it does not make them any more rational. people and animals are predispositioned to search for differences in behavior to see whether or not someone or something is dangerous. since people overgeneralize, they assume that just because someone acts differently, that means that everything is wrong about them. i guess it is impossible to really tell the difference between subtle cues, but i am sure everyone knows conciously that they are biased by 1st impressions and that just because someone acts different does not make them any less human.

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 12:28 pm

Haha, I totally misunderstood the title of this thread... at first I thought that "sound" was the noun and "like" was the verb, so I thought: which sound? And how is it possible that a sound would like me?? :? :lol:

An aspie moment, I guess... or just a misunderstanding-a-not-native-language-moment. Or both. :P

Maika
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Mar 2010, 5:27 pm

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
A person can drown here

..... I want to sort that.... Please tell me I can sort that, if you do I'll give you candy :D

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 5:31 pm

Give him hammer, he's nervous person :twisted:

Look how many colourful tapes are there. Better than spring flowers behind the window :D

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 5:34 pm

I already have a big hammer! But I am not a hammer-thrower like you, I only carry...

That space is not mine. If it were, I would sort it by myself!

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 6:22 pm

My son is definitely a paranoid emotion boy. He takes himself very seriously.

Carbonhalo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Mar 2010, 7:36 pm

Maika wrote:
..... I want to sort that.... Please tell me I can sort that, if you do I'll give you candy :D

Hah... you should see what the telephone linesmen in Santiago have to work with

I have a lot of rule boy... except for the authority thing... I seem to have convinced myself all authority is bogus.
I have a fair amount of logic boy
and some emotion boy fantasy/anxiety for good luck

Would it be nice to fit entirely within the one box?