I suspect the young master has lost interest in me.

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2010, 4:38 am

sinsboldly wrote:
PLA wrote:
I still send her a few links I believe would interest her. Just a link and a short description.
She doesn't respond, but it's pretty much all I can do.

Since sinsboldly has been on the opposite side of a similar situation, I would like to ask you about how much I risk annoying her with that behaviour.

now we seperate the men from the boys.
There is only one way to touch her.
Send her actual flowers, lovely, fresh something she would like and of obvious quality. If it is of quality you don't have to send many. This is not to impress her with generousity, it is a token, only.

A simple note that says

"One may repay the gift of gold,
but dies in debt to those who are kind"
with your signature.

then it is truly up to her, but you have sealed yourself forever as a man of substance, of passion and a man that cares. Even if she never contacts you again, she will always know you are a stand up guy (god människa, sann människa).

Merle

Sounds like good advice. I believe it would only spook her, though. She is not very good at accepting gifts, and some similar actions in the past have made her feel bad. I don't know if I can in good conscience assert myself as a "man of substance" at the expense of her comfort. Also, I am afraid of upsetting her.

I will keep your advice in mind. I might yet use it if there is no improvement.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 4:29 pm

bully_on_speed wrote:
REVOLT!! !! !! !! !! !! !! STORM THE CASTLE!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! TAKE THE HORSES AND PILLAGE THE WOMEN!! !! !! !! !!

:roll:

She loved me, for a time. She's a young woman, still not past the verge of being a responsible adult. It's only natural that she would re-evaluate many things.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

bully_on_speed
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 4:43 pm

re-evaluation is fine but if it drives you crazy about yourself, then just get a new one. there are plenty of women out there and more than most one that wont treat you like second class. even royalty need a reminder everyonce in awhile that they are still human like the rest of us.

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Mar 2010, 2:26 am

Out of curiosity (and my obliviousness about this topic of conversation), you have met the Queen of Sweden, I assume, and have developed a relationship with her that has been severed by her doing? I am in confusion at how we could have such a high-ranking monarchal power on our forums...

Aspiewifey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Mar 2010, 4:03 am

bully_on_speed wrote:
REVOLT!! !! !! !! !! !! !! STORM THE CASTLE!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! TAKE THE HORSES AND PILLAGE THE WOMEN!! !! !! !! !!

Lordy, I must be exhausted...this actually made me laugh.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 6:18 am

bully_on_speed wrote:
re-evaluation is fine but if it drives you crazy about yourself, then just get a new one. there are plenty of women out there and more than most one that wont treat you like second class. even royalty need a reminder everyonce in awhile that they are still human like the rest of us.

Not an issue. In addition, right is right.

Etular wrote:
Out of curiosity (and my obliviousness about this topic of conversation), you have met the Queen of Sweden, I assume, and have developed a relationship with her that has been severed by her doing? I am in confusion at how we could have such a high-ranking monarchal power on our forums...

Heh. No, not a queen. A lady.

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Mar 2010, 10:53 am

PLA wrote:
Etular wrote:

I apologise. I seem to have failed to realise the metaphorical comparison between this woman and how she is, in your eyes, similar to a monarch. However, i feel i have been mislead somewhat by the constant posts of revolting and how you had been "granted audience".

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 1:37 pm

Etular wrote:
PLA wrote:
Etular wrote:

I apologise. I seem to have failed to realise the metaphorical comparison between this woman and how she is, in your eyes, similar to a monarch. However, i feel i have been mislead somewhat by the constant posts of revolting and how you had been "granted audience".

Not so much metaphorical as misquoted, though. I never said queen. :P

bully_on_speed
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 1:41 pm

i think i said queen

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 11:49 am

It's nice that she's talking to me again. :)

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 6:00 pm

Lots of wrong answers here. Chasing her is playing her game, and her game is to use you.

If you want to redefine the relationship, stop calling, stop writing, no contact for a month. If she misses you, let her chase you. If not, no loss.

Just my $0.02, unless you get a kick out of being treated like this.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 11:06 am

:lol: Those games aren't for me. I resemble a man. If you want to redefine the relationship, you speak.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 11:21 am

PLA wrote:
:lol: Those games aren't for me. I resemble a man. If you want to redefine the relationship, you speak.

You can speak, but will she listen? And if she listens, has she made any concessions at all to you, or will it once again be the same BS all over again? If someone can get the attention they want without having to concede anything additional, where is the motivation to redefine the relationship?

However, if you get off on being treated like this (which seems like you do), keep doing what you are doing. I promise nothing will change.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2010, 2:20 am

Such "concessions" would only be discernible in retrospect.

Of course I don't like not being the most important and enchanting creature in the universe. The Absolute Perspective Vortex would annoy me like anybody else.
That's not a good enough excuse, but I guess I can sympathise with why you would be tempted to act like that.

Anyhow, this thread has little purpose left now. It's been some time since I needed venting on the topic, and I returned for the "issue resolved" update.

Butterflair
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jun 2010, 8:15 pm

I have a similar situation but in reverse. It's been two weeks since I've heard from my guy (friend) and the last conversation seemed fine. He won't respond to email. This has happened before and it's very distressing to me. He is aspie, I am NT.

Quote:
If you want to redefine the relationship, stop calling, stop writing, no contact for a month. If she misses you, let her chase you. If not, no loss.
would this work? The predictable me continues to write and ask for contact. Should I let him alone for awhile?

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 9:58 am

Butterflair wrote:
I have a similar situation but in reverse. It's been two weeks since I've heard from my guy (friend) and the last conversation seemed fine. He won't respond to email. This has happened before and it's very distressing to me. He is aspie, I am NT.

Quote:
would this work? The predictable me continues to write and ask for contact. Should I let him alone for awhile?

There are no guarantees in love and life -- I do know that anyone you have to repeatedly pester to stay in contact with is probably not a great prospect. I do understand Aspie issues impact on this, but this makes me think even more that if they want some solitude (or just space from you), trying to get closer will have the opposite effect. For a relationship to work, the other person has to meet you halfway.

Anytime in my past that I had to chase someone that hard, 100% of the time no relationship resulted. My relationships came from people who also sought me out -- the attraction was mutual, as was the level of interest.

There's someone out there for you -- but probably not this guy. There's this cultural myth we have on TV and film that the guy or girl pursues the other person with fervor, and that the level of effort can overcome all objections -- It's just not true. This isn't me being cynical, but realistic -- we have our preferences, and can't have something forced on us. By the same token, we can't always have what we want.

Thank goodness we live in a huge world where it is very easy to get in contact with more and more people -- the opportunity out there is almost endless :)