Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2010, 3:03 pm

How do you think the recent Temple Grandin movie has affected the public's awareness and perception of autism/Aspergers?

I have personally seen a peak in interest toward autism spectrum disorders. Both of our church book groups are reading books by Temple Grandin and I have heard more conversations about autism/Aspergers since the movie first aired. Lastly, I was invited to speak at a discussion next week regarding how the community I live in can better accomodate those on the autism spectrum. Community leaders. people from the mental health and social service realms, and others will be present. I assume that our city is having this conversation as a result of the Temple Grandin movie.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 10:57 pm

I'm a member of University of Wyoming's chapter of Active Minds End Stigma, and I'm going to be spearheading an autism awareness program next month. I was thinking about having Active Minds link up with the Friday Night Fever movie committee to show Temple Grandin's movie for one of the Friday night free movies at UW. What do you guys think?

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.