Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Klom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Mar 2010, 3:23 pm

I've been addicted to a smoke-less form of tobacco for a few years. Now, I have to quit. 1.) Because I don't have the money, 2.) Because it stains my teeth.

I don't have aspergers, but I tested 136 on the aspie quiz. So logically I abstain from social interaction when I have withdrawals. I have big problems with it right now! I don't want to become a freaking hermit!

Do you guys have any suggestions. Have you quit? How did you handle the social aspects of quitting and emotional overload?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 5:40 pm

Smokeless? You mean like chewing tobacco, or something?

I quit smoking using Alan Carr's book 'Easy Way to Stop Smoking' after years of trying to quit with various methods, including cold turkey and nicotine replacement (which I think is a scam).

I don't know if it would work with non smoked tobacco. Maybe you could switch to cigarettes, then use the book? It really worked for me.

Klom

04 Mar 2010, 7:06 pm

Hmm.. Found it on Google: Easy Way to Stop Smoking filetype:pdf

Will read now. Thanks a ton! Seems interesting!

I use(d) snus. Bags of tobacco to put under your lip.

WOLFOUT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Mar 2010, 8:54 pm

I smoked for 3 years of my teenage life. Until one day I was just like.. Why do I do this? For what purpose? All it does is harm me and make my throat and nose feel like crap. I could never smell anything and my family always would complain about the smell. So I finally gave it up cold turkey. My first pack of cigarettes were Marlboro lights and then after that pack I continued to smoke Marlboro reds and eventually moved up to Marlboro Red 100's. Fortunately, I was only up to a pack a day at the most and didn't really exceed that amount (unless I was drinking with the friends, then I would chain smoke) The first couple days of me quitting it just felt like there was something really important missing. I also had to find new things to do with my hands because I usually had a cigarette in my hand, lol! I find that chewing gum really helps quit. But I haven't smoked in about a half a year and I'm so glad I quit. I never really liked dip..and have had bad experiences with it... I got 20x more lightheaded from my first try of dip then I did from my first cigarette. I hope you can find some way to quit and good luck!