Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 5:42 pm

Athenacapella wrote:
sinsyokka wrote:
superboyian wrote:
dumped

I remember having one like that.... It sucked REAL bad. :(

:( my boyfriend sent me that text just last week

Seriously? You guys were dumped with a one-word text message? And the NTs think *we're* the ones with communication problems.

Especially hate one-word texts because I don't have an unlimited plan.

I remembered that and that was like WAAAAAY back before I joined here and basically I went out with a girl.. (liked unnamed) basically she was just an online girlfriend and I never knew it was a bad idea at the time... :lol:

The next day I got a text saying "dumped" and I asked why? I ended up getting no reply.

You don't mind me asking how you got dumped May?

sinsyokka
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 6:18 pm

superboyian wrote:
Athenacapella wrote:
sinsyokka wrote:
superboyian wrote:
dumped

I remember having one like that.... It sucked REAL bad. :(

:( my boyfriend sent me that text just last week

Seriously? You guys were dumped with a one-word text message? And the NTs think *we're* the ones with communication problems.

Especially hate one-word texts because I don't have an unlimited plan.

I remembered that and that was like WAAAAAY back before I joined here and basically I went out with a girl.. (liked unnamed) basically she was just an online girlfriend and I never knew it was a bad idea at the time... :lol:

The next day I got a text saying "dumped" and I asked why? I ended up getting no reply.

You don't mind me asking how you got dumped May?

I got dumped because as i said on another part of the site that ma boyfriend thought i was pregnant and then dumped me
Athenacapella, i would like to point out that NOT all NTs all think that, most people (even me) wouldn't know anything about autism.
People think of it as screaming and tantrums.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 9:03 pm

sinsyokka wrote:
Athenacapella, i would like to point out that NOT all NTs all think that, most people (even me) wouldn't know anything about autism.

my supervisor at work seems to think when I have to leave my desk to compose myself that that is the only time I 'have autism'.

Athenacapella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2010, 9:07 pm

sinsyokka wrote:
superboyian wrote:
Athenacapella wrote:
sinsyokka wrote:
superboyian wrote:

I was joking, but no hard feelings or problems! :lol:

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 11:12 pm

"Pregnant."

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 12:09 pm

Athenacapella wrote:
I was joking, but no hard feelings or problems! :lol:

I'd have to admit, I thought that was quite funny... :lol: but I don't think SY would of got what you meant, she seemed to have taken it quite seriously.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 1:28 pm

sinsyokka wrote:

That's actually very true SY, I remembered watching Alex's documentary (incase you don't know who Alex is, he is the developer of WP) and he interviewed a woman and she said something like that.

I guess thats true, I told someone once and he didn't believe me and he also thought it was about screaming and throwing a tantrum and that.

Melle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jul 2016, 9:27 am

I hate when people text "call me." It makes me want to call people and say "text me" and hang up.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 9:47 am

Its not really one word but believe it or not I got this text from my ex employer,

"You are so fired"

lol

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 11:53 pm

K

Yep, that's it. K.
This girl that I was interested in when I was in high school would respond with either "K" or "Kool" to almost every text message I sent her. Come on! Are you too lazy to type "OK", or better yet type out more thoughtful replies than just a one word answer every time?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 8:39 pm

Worst would prolly be if an idiot friend texted me something while driving and ended up crashing their car injuring/killing themselves or others. I get really mad when they try and text me while they drive. It is just so asinine. Those are the only texts that really bother me.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 9:58 pm

Melle wrote:
I hate when people text "call me." It makes me want to call people and say "text me" and hang up.

One of my friends texted me last week that she was going to call me and then the phone started ringing and I just looked at it like I was looking at a bomb thinking "am I supposed to answer this?! It's not like she'll think I'm not home. Crap!" I almost tossed it like it was a hot potato, but I answered it with this meek "hello?" :mrgreen: Crap.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 11:15 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Melle wrote:

One of my friends texted me last week that she was going to call me and then the phone started ringing and I just looked at it like I was looking at a bomb thinking "am I supposed to answer this?! It's not like she'll think I'm not home. Crap!" I almost tossed it like it was a hot potato, but I answered it with this meek "hello?" :mrgreen: Crap.

Oh yes, I've had this experience many times, and it's not fun. The weird thing is that I didn't really have a problem with talking on the phone when I was a little kid, but now in my teenage/adult years, it causes me endless anxiety.
Are you neurotypical or autistic? Just noticing your signature.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 11:33 pm

saxgeek wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Melle wrote:

Oh yes, I've had this experience many times, and it's not fun. The weird thing is that I didn't really have a problem with talking on the phone when I was a little kid, but now in my teenage/adult years, it causes me endless anxiety.
Are you neurotypical or autistic? Just noticing your signature.

I'm an NT, but I'm so used to texting that I never like talking on the phone anymore. If my friend Mary gets me on the phone, I better hope my phone is fully charged cause she can gab for a good 5 hrs! She can carry the conversation all on her own so much that one time I put my phone on "mute" and blow dried my hair. Every now and then I would check back and she'd still be running her mouth. She's definitely an NT. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 8:30 pm

Yeah, my mom has a friend who does the exact same thing. This woman would talk on and on about every single thing going on in her life to the point where my mom can hardly get a word in with her, and I've seen my mom do that thing where she puts the phone on the counter while her friend is still talking, goes to use the bathroom, and comes back to continue listening to her speech.