Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 1:16 pm

Pollen, classic.

i was always sick after girl scout camping trips. good times...

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 3:25 pm

Dilantin and Prozac.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 3:52 pm

I am allergic to a lot of things: dust, pollen,dust mites, grass, rag weed, most other weeds, penicillin, and bees

The penicillin damn near killed me. I wont give it to my kid or my animals without gloves. O have also had random eruptions of hives from unknown sources, so there are other allergies out there I have not discovered yet. I think I have some food allergies that have not been medically confirmed.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 8:41 am

I'm not sensitized to anything but when I got tested at age 9 and 18, I was told I could develop over the course of time an allergy to nettle and cat and dog's fur.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 1:06 am

Traditional gender roles.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 3:29 pm

I am allergic to many things, far too many to mention (and with strange Latin names no less). I don't know everything I'm allergic to but on my last allergy testing which looked at about ~50 different potential allergens, I was allergic to all but 7 of them. I have indoor year-round allergies (including cats-- though I still have them!, dust mites, mold, tobacco smoke, etc.) and seasonal allergies, both spring and fall (trees, pollens, grasses, you name it).

No obvious food allergies, but that's not to say they don't exist. But it does seem that my sinuses are more allergically reactive than other parts of my person.

I'm definitely not allergic to penicillin though, thank Bob. With constant inner ear infections for the first two years of my life, I LIVED on amoxcillin.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 3:45 pm

I'm allergic to steroids (or at least Prednisone), nickel jewelry (although plating it seems to work), and a variety of powder cleaners (though it isn't a problem unless they're not thoroughly rinsed out). I seem to have developed a minor pollen allergy at some point, but I don't know exactly to what.

With the exception of the Prednisone, none of my reactions are severe enough to be more than a minor annoyance. Actually, the nickel jewelry turns my skin purple, so that's pretty cool.

Three years!

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 7:35 pm

Alder pollen, grass pollen, cats, some anti-depressants, some laxatives, multi-vitamin pills (great, eh?).