if you had over a BILLION DOLLARS!! ! whoopie!

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 5:36 am

mary rivard was kind to me when i was just a dumb slow math student in elementary school, she was the only one who would help me. so i want to reward her somehow esp. if i won big billions somehow.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 8:53 am

I would help animals, donating to my local Humane Society.

I would invest wisely, so I could live well in my old age.

Travel to tennis tournaments. That would be my fun, frivolous dream.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 9:02 pm

But all the land around me,build a pond,install solar,buy art,statuary for the garden,swans for the pond,a moat with heating for some caimans,new windows,new ride,root cellar/combo storm shelter,buy my daughter and bio mom their own homes, pay off their debts,donate to charities,
get a Jeeves,invest the rest and live off the interest.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 9:28 pm

I would lie awake every night re-running every single encounter I'd had that day around and around in my head, wondering which of the people around me actually liked me, and which were sycophants (even if there were no objective reason to believe that any of them were.)

I'd fret constantly about whether I was doing the right thing donating to this cause over that cause, and whose advice I could trust.

I'd pace around for hours pondering whether people were comparing how generous I was and to whom behind my back constantly.

There's no amount of money could re-wire my brain enough to stop that from happening. It would be just like now but with better food and scenery. :twisted:

(I'd have enough Lego to fill an Olympic swimming pool, though! :wink: )

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 10:01 pm

I'd buy a ton of land and a fully accessible large house with a maid. Including a separate indoor art studio, and a sensory room.

I'd bribe the courts to let me adopt under the min age.

I'd pay for other autistic people to go to collage full ride.

I'd get myself a ton of ducks.

I'd do a lot of giveaways and such, weighted blankets, sensory toys, ect.

FREE SERVICE DOGS FOR ALL.

I'd buy a plot of land and throw people on it with just a few basics and see what they come up with, all sorts of different people and experiments, heck, including a group of ten people who all speak completely different languages.

I'd fund autism positive programs and resources of all kinds all over the world.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 12:03 am

I'd join Weight Watchers and lose the 130 lbs that I've packed on since 1998.
I'd get some clothes custom made fashioned after the suits that The Kinks wore on stage in the 60s.
I'd take driving lessons from the best driving teacher in Langley and buy myself a 2019 limited edition Volkswagen Beetle
I'd get myself a personal chef so I won't gain an ounce of that weight back
I'd buy myself a vintage Routemaster bus and donate it to Stepping Stones so that more of my fellow members can go on the Saturday outings
London will become my own personal playground for 8 weeks out of the year, without the shagging of course
I'd have a pea green and sky blue diabetic birthday cake ordered over the internet to which location I happen to be on my future birthdays
I'd order a gold-plated turkey for my family for each Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner
I'd give $5 Million to each of my close friends and family
I'd donate $20 Million to my local Pro-Life organization
I'd also buy myself a live-in art studio

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 2:39 am

Misslizard wrote:
But all the land around me,build a pond,install solar,buy art,statuary for the garden,swans for the pond,a moat with heating for some caimans,new windows,new ride,root cellar/combo storm shelter, buy my daughter and bio mom their own homes, pay off their debts,donate to charities,

what kinda new ride?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 2:58 am

I'd get us a large and nice place to live, order the stuff on my wish lists, go to some places to see my favorite animals and volunteer to help turtles.

I would donate nice sums to some organizations that help turtles, wolves and dogs.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 9:41 am

auntblabby wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
But all the land around me,build a pond,install solar,buy art,statuary for the garden,swans for the pond,a moat with heating for some caimans,new windows,new ride,root cellar/combo storm shelter, buy my daughter and bio mom their own homes, pay off their debts,donate to charities,

what kinda new ride?

Restored 1972 Chevy 4x4.I don’t want all the new stuff cars have now.Just a good sound system.I can’t get out right now.All the rain has collapsed the main road with a hole big enough to slide a couple school buses in.The river is up,so two other ways have low water bridges.Not a good idea to attempt crossing.So the only road out is a steep,narrow MF’er. Now that everyone back here is using it the road has huge ruts in the red clay,plus gullied out from all the rain.I went out the other day and it took me three runs to get up the steep part.It’s an S curve so you can’t get that much speed up.I had it floored and the tires were smoking.Now I have a slow leak in rear tire from it.Not trying it again, it’s a long way to back down.No mail,no trash pick up till it’s fixed.No fed ex or UPS either.
It’s become a local attraction,every time I go to see if they’ve fixed it,there are other people there looking at it.lol It’s like the local Grand Canyon.On the plus side I now live on a dead end road so no thru traffic anymore.
Maybe I’ll spend some of that Jack on the roads here. :idea:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 10:21 am

I forgot I want a large conservatory with lots of tropical plants and lizards.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 11:41 am

If I had a billion dollars I would:

Use 100 million dollars to do the following things:

Buy a 3 story house (always wanted a 3 story house) and pay the staff to maintain it.

Have a cook/nutritionist plan and prepare all my meals for me.

Have a driver drive me around.

Basically pay people to do all the life minutiae I suck at.

Use 900 million dollars to invest.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 2:00 pm

I'd probably stick 25-50% of it in a Swiss bank account, use some to buy a big beach house in Old Orchard Beach, ME for me and my family, and then figure out what to do with the rest later.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 3:45 am

Misslizard wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

what kinda new ride?

Restored 1972 Chevy 4x4.I don’t want all the new stuff cars have now.Just a good sound system.I can’t get out right now.All the rain has collapsed the main road with a hole big enough to slide a couple school buses in.The river is up,so two other ways have low water bridges.Not a good idea to attempt crossing.So the only road out is a steep,narrow MF’er. Now that everyone back here is using it the road has huge ruts in the red clay,plus gullied out from all the rain.I went out the other day and it took me three runs to get up the steep part.It’s an S curve so you can’t get that much speed up.I had it floored and the tires were smoking.Now I have a slow leak in rear tire from it.Not trying it again, it’s a long way to back down.No mail,no trash pick up till it’s fixed.No fed ex or UPS either.
It’s become a local attraction,every time I go to see if they’ve fixed it,there are other people there looking at it.lol It’s like the local Grand Canyon.On the plus side I now live on a dead end road so no thru traffic anymore.
Maybe I’ll spend some of that Jack on the roads here. :idea:

like a blazer? a suggestion, to better enjoy the sound system, you can pay a fix-it guy to do the following to it-
*rubber bushings on the front suspension [blocks some road noise]
*asphalt shingles bonded to the undercarriage esp. the wheel wells [blocks road noise]
*asphalt shingles bonded to the ceiling above the headliner [dampens resonance and wind noise]
*asphalt shingles bonded to the inner side exterior door panels [dampens oilcan resonances and road noise]
*laminated window glass/thicker windshield [dampens wind noise]
*asphalt shingles bonded to firewall and under the hood [blocks engine noise]
if you do all these steps you'll have a car as quiet as a lexus, perfect for music and oh so relaxing to drive in.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 4:31 am

I'll dream for a bit:
I'd buy a house. Perhaps more than one.
One would be our main "base".
I'd keep my son with me.
If possible, pay the father a sum to just stay away (Right now he's saying he may want some rights to see my son, even though earlier he was saying he'd leave me alone. God, I pray he doesn't get any or much or agrees to sign his rights away.).
I'd get a new vehicle.
I'd have time hopefully to learn new things.
I'd find out what is good and enjoyable to do with my time and money.
I'd probably find ways to help people and nature and the environment.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 4:41 am

The only appeal it would have for me would being able to travel anywhere at any time. And to stay wherever as long as I want. I'd hire a caretaker to set things up and travel with me.

Other than that as long as I have a tv a laptop and my phone I'm good. I'd get room at a hotel wherever I travel to, plug my laptop into the tv and do the same stuff I do in my room at home. When out sightseeing I'd use my phone to take pictures.

jifmam j jasond
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 May 2019, 5:08 am

I would try to do some good for this madly incompetent society.
As one example, the rationale for building nuclear weapons was "to protect our children".
That is clearly absurd. The cold war wasn't about Cappies VS Commies, it was about"Cod fearing Christians versus the CODLESS HERETICAL COMMUNISTS!"
just another religious war carried out by leucotomized primates.
That is ,if you see something completely beyond reason, look around, and you are likely to find Cod in the woodpile.

Money is resources, I would like to develop a technology to repair damaged and bullshit-clogged minds. Nothing else could be more important.
...I would not piss away scarce resources on one of those Luxury Yatches( not Yacht- that sounds so Yankee posh, so Boston Lockjaw, like Thurston Howell the 3d. -" I'm juhst going out on a littul cruize on my "yott" for the day".
Yatch, I sez.
Of course the clogged minds would viciously oppose this and I would likely be stripped of all such "misused" resources on some pretext.
If I founded a new nation, war,Holy War would instantly ensue to destroy the Heresy of speaking the truth.
By Christ. Christ on a long-board. there is no intelligent life on this planet.
explanation: the Cod/God gag: I once knew a man who would not believe in grunion- the little fishes that spawn on the beach at the full moon in California. Grunion are a sort of little cod.
He was quite sure I was pulling his leg or other nearby parts.
Well, he was from Missouri. and an ex-jar-head, so I had to make allowances for his skepticism.
I guess he was a Piscatheist.