aspies- who has good bosses? bad bosses?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

aspies- who has good bosses? bad bosses?
i have a good boss 44%  44%  [ 12 ]
i have a bad boss 41%  41%  [ 11 ]
i am my own boss 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 27

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 11:14 am

Atropine wrote:
Dealing with a real as*hole now. Suspended me because my aspergers is a liability. (he knew that when I started...)

I'm not a lawyer, but it sounds to me like you have a possible lawsuit under Equal Opportunity. You should look into it.

Incidentally, I did some research on discriminatory practices for an incident that happened to a friend of mine. She lost a job due to discrimination, and her former employer JUST BARELY made it through a loophole. We did our homework before even talking to a lawyer about it and realized we didn't have a leg to stand on.

Personally, I couldn't handle AS being labeled as a disability, so I'd never play that card. However, if you have documentation that you are diagnosed AS and your employer is aware of it, there might be something you can do about it. There MIGHT be something in the Federal Code, like maybe the Civil Right Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act. You might check with the EEOC.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 12:01 pm

All of my co workers and even supervisors despise me. I don't know why I'm still employed if they hate me that much. I got an Certificate of Commendation Award given by the Federal Govt, but I don't deserve it. How can co workers who hate me give me such an award? Totally confused. Perhaps they were forced to give it to me? Who knows.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Atropine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2010, 12:28 pm

Do what I've stuck to trying. Trying to see myself from their point of view. And then writing it down in my point of view and theirs. And comparing them. Quitting being stubborn, agreeing to listen to the doctors (Even If I hate meds, the normalcy in my life is unbelievable!!).

I guess It's kinda like the 12 steps of AA in a far distant way.

Just admitting you have a behavior problem.

It's not our fault, just like most time it's not an alcoholic's fault. It's all genetics and pre-planned stuff.

I just keep telling myself I won't let the NT's win and call me a liability. I know i have to fight harder then them to get the same level, but I will prove them wrong.

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 4:52 pm

My bosses are really nice to me, and don't hound me over my little problems. Except for one difficulty, interacting with people. Which is kind of integral to the customer service portion of my job... that difficulty they do understandably kind of have an issue with.

For the most part, my bosses are really, really great. Which is atypical for management.

I guess that I'm pretty lucky. :)

drybones
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2010, 8:21 am

My boss is great and i feel lucky because Ive had bad experiences with most ex-bosses.

The only thing i get ticked off about is communications issues and interacting with people.

metalrockpwnmusic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Apr 2010, 9:25 pm

For Me. I've only had 4 jobs, and my first job my boss was decent, but I hardly saw him so he fired me over a misunderstanding and yada yada, but looking back I didn't like being around him all that much. My second boss at my second job was really nice and understanding. My third boss was just terrific, I mean she came at the cafe from time to time, I guess the reason being you can like a boss is if it's the owner and you don't see them everyday well it makes things easier. Whereas at my current and 4th job, im beginning to despise my boss 'cuz I f*****g hate having to communicate with him over dispatch and like the other day I f*****g lost it because the GPS in the truck went dead so me and my co worker couldn't get to our calls a bit quicker, whereas we had to use a road map. Yesterday he brought me in to have a talk because of my freakout, well there were a few things that went wrong, I mean I f****d up his instructions that lead to an unecessary work order and blah blah blah, I mean I can understand what he said was my fault 'cuz I costed him money, but i'm surprised he hasn't fired me yet. But really and truly I just get so f*****g sick of him like making these stupid BS decisions that he spazes out about, and he refuses to admit they were his fault not mine. So pretty soon, I'm definetly considering looking for another job, one that doesn't involve dealing with paperwork and compiling BS workorders, and having to f*****g communicate via a radio like I get creeped out by that. So soon ill start looking for another job and I hope I get a boss that doesn't freak out over stupid s**t. Plus it pisses me off when I feel him and some of my other co workers take my photographic memory for granted. So my 4th job go's along the lines of my boss was great at first, now he's turning into a power abusing f***head. I HATE THAT SO GODDAMN MUCH!! !! !! !!

Merle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2010, 6:00 pm

1 company, 5 years, 10 bosses. And only 1 is still with the same company. The challenge in dealing with a bad boss is trying to understand what they expect from you. Often times, it's a communication (and not expectation) issue. But if you have a truly bad boss, trying to get the expectations clearly laid out and you sticking to it will help - as they'll be moving onward or outward.

A good boss provides cover and understands what you're trying to accomplish and gives you the time to accomplish it.

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 8:51 am

I have a good boss. My bosses boss, on the otherhand, is a real idiot.