Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2010, 9:51 am

:cry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8560246.stm

The Lost Boys actor Corey Haim has died aged 38, the Los Angeles coroner's office has confirmed.

A spokeswoman said he passed away in the early hours of Wednesday morning at Providence St Joseph Medical Centre.

A post-mortem will determine the cause of death and no other details have been released as yet.

The Canadian-born star's first role was in the 1984 hit Firstborn. In recent years, he appeared in reality TV show The Two Coreys.

The series, which also starred Haim's friend Corey Feldman, was cancelled in 2008 after two series.

The pair, who both have battled drug problems in the past, starred in the 1988 movie License to Drive together and became well known for their on and off screen partnership.

After Firstborn, Haim landed a role in the 1985 TV movie A Time to Live and also appeared in several episodes of the TV show Roomies.

He went on to become a teen heartthrob after starring in the 1986 film Lucas, alongside Charlie Sheen and Winona Ryder.

Haim starred alongside Kiefer Sutherland in The Lost Boys, about a group of friends who do battle with a band of teenage vampires.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2010, 4:54 am

License to Drive was my favorite Corey movie.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2010, 5:30 am

well, he is up there in that great movie set in the sky now, with the hell of a rock and roll band and elvis and all the other greats of the ages. a better place. he is not stewing in angst any longer, but at peace, with all of earth's troubles behind him now.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2010, 7:31 pm

Very sad... :( I remember his movies from when I was about 9.. the girls in my school used to put posters of him on their walls, also Corey Feldman...

Taking a break.