Things for the Bin (stories that you never want to hear)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2010, 3:02 am

What are some news items that you are sick of and think should never be spoken of again?

I am really sick of the whole Tiger Woods talk (don't want to know anymore)

I wish the media here would shut up about Lara Bingle and Michael Clarke.
(a naked picture of Lara was published in Womans day, this was from what I can tell taken without her permission(by an afl footballer that she dated briefly before MC), the media went into a frenzy, Michael came home from the cricket tour (he got permission to do this) to support his partner. now there are all these rumours that they are breaking up and stuff)

Why won't they drop it?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2010, 5:42 am

aside from tiger's woody, i would say the politician [former rep. massa] the dems kicked to the curb over molesting an aide or whatever, leave him the hell alone, he is already in enough trouble without a greek chorus of harpies in the media barking at him like a bunch of stinky seals. "enquiring minds" don't have to know everything. he is self-destructing, let's all just have some decency and leave him be.
anything about hollywood can be put out with yesterday's newspaper. misbehaving sports figures can keep 'em company. whoever is sleeping with whomever is nobody's business. misbehaving celebrities are so yesterday. all these things are just red herrings designed to keep us from peeking at the real news hidden from view- "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 5:32 am

they put stuff like misbehaving sport stars on the front page of the paper here.

wtf? shouldn't they put more relevant news items there?

Lyriel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2010, 4:27 pm

Anything regarding Tiger Woods or the Gosselins (hate the fact that Kate is on Dancing With the Stars... totally ruins this season for me...).