Page 6 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 May 2010, 2:00 pm

I remember when I was in 5th grade and we were going to get our pictures taken and we had to fill out a card which had a choice of backgrounds; well one of them was "lasers" so I thought "oh great, I can ask the technician all sorts of questions about how they work and, ... ect". To say the least I was sorely disappointed when I realized it was only a picture of lasers on canvas that I would be standing in front of.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 2:18 pm

dadelus wrote:
I had a sort of amusing experience the other day at work. I was part of a taste panel testing marshmallows. I was told to read through all the instructions before beginning.
One of the first instructions stated "rinse with water before tasting". I took this to mean that I should rinse the marshmallows before tasting and did so.

A few years ago I helped a police friend of mine do some training of new recruits in how to arrest a person. My friend knows how I can be and asked if I could be "very literal" for the recruits. I don't recall all the phrases the recruits uttered but do recall my friend sitting on the ground laughing.
Actually, I would have rinsed them too before eating them.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 2:27 pm

I used to get upset when I'd look out the classroom window, and see the parking space for the minibus empty. I'd immediately think "no minibus," then "nominibus", and before I knew it I was obsessively declining Latin nouns, and unable to concentrate on anything else.

It still happens sometimes, when I see a minibus pull out of a parking space... you'd be surprised how often that happens.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 6:05 pm

redwulf25_ci wrote:
Never tell a very literal 4 year old that it's "raining cats and dogs". They managed to keep me from going out to catch one as it fell but weren't able to convince me that the very wet cat on our front step after the storm A: didn't fall out of the sky and B: wasn't intended just for me.

:D