Female aspies: does your monthy cycle affect your AS?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

morrison
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Mar 2010, 9:36 pm

Most of the time I am pretty normal but shortly before AF I get kinda bad.

Kodak
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Mar 2010, 8:18 am

Thank you for posting a topic about this.

I can't eat whilst I am on my period and it's difficult enough to drink. I am more prone to meltdowns and sensory issues.
And the pain. I wish I could ignore the pain. I have tablets (not birth control ones) now that help and I don't feel them anymore but the pain I can't move. I feel it.

And yet of course whenever I mention these things they are ignored because I'm being ''over dramatic'' when it does affect me.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 8:30 am

Magicfly wrote:
I'm just wondering if I'm alone in this or not, I get MUCH worse about 4 days before my period starts, I'm far more likely to have a meltdown, I can't seem to organise myself, and I'm completely at the whim of my emotions, which seem to become far more intense in all ways (sad/angry/happy)

Paradoxically, during ovulation, I seem to be more in control, and far less obviously AS, I can basically pass as normal.....

Is this common?

Yep.

- fatigue

- cramps

- headaches

- occasional nausea

- shakiness

- swelling

- irritability

- sensitivity to internal and external stimuli

This seems to take for so many days before my monthly visit of vagula. And I'm experiencing them now as we speak. :(

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 12:01 pm

Doesn't affect. I don't even feel my cycles. Nothing hurts me, nothing bothers.
It always was stupid for me when girls talked and taked their periods so emotionally and said they can't exercise. I thought them overemotional and melodrama-like.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Agnieszka
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 1:09 am

I think it doesnt affect much. Everything depends on other things. If am stressed, then I may get irritated, if am relaxed, my PMS won't be bad.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2010, 6:56 am

Well every woman gets instant AS right before and/or during their periods.

JustMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Apr 2010, 12:37 pm

I've always thought my AS gets worse during PMS. I have the normal PMS symptoms, like getting weepy and stressed. In addition, I'm more sensitive to my lack of social skills and find it even harder to talk to people than it is normally. Once my period starts things go back to normal, though.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

10 Apr 2010, 11:03 am

Right beforehand, I get in touch with how I really feel about my life at the time...which if I use it correctly can be motivating for change, but as soon as my period comes, I am too lethargic/hurting to act on it for a few days. Sometimes though, I am more prone for meltdown 2-3 days before. If I just let myself feel what I really feel...I will know what is bothering me and the meltdown goes away with the acknowlagment of how I really feel.

Kajjie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2010, 7:59 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I find that the 4 days before my period, is when I have all my meltdowns. It's not fun, at all.

:o I always assumed you were male! I hope you're not offended by that. Perhaps it's because I associate you with the Kinks, who are all male.

My menstrual cycle doesn't seem to affect my mood or behaviour but in the few days before my period my motor coordination gets even worse which is really annoying. I suppose my period does have a sort of indirect effect on my mood - the first day I get period pain so I'm irritable and mopy because I'm in pain.