Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 10:56 am

I got this terrible cold now and I'm miserable. :cry: I been having Progresso No MSG Chicken Soups and drinking tons of water. I did try the Theraflu Hot Liquids, but it irritates me. I may try Hot and Sour Soup. I wonder if spicy foods clear up the congestion faster. Anyone has home remedies?

Thanks

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 11:38 am

Soup doesn't really make the cold go away, it's just supposed to make you feel better (but I halfway get the impression that that's what you're going for).

I don't really have any remedies...I usually just take some vitamins, try to drink as much fluids as I can, and make sure I get a little extra amount of sleep. I just grit my teeth and suffer through it, I guess.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 12:21 pm

The best remedy: Rest and lots of fluids. Just let your body fight it off.

Wurzel
Raven
Raven

12 Mar 2010, 11:05 pm

I got two colds in the last few months and 80 grams of vitamin C a day cleared them up in a few days.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 1:22 am

There are holistic cold remedies over the counter. One is a swab you wipe around in your nose or a spray. There is also Airborne and various decongestants. My favorites are Alka-seltzer cold and Nyquil. Also, for any virus you have to have fluids and rest. The spices will clear you up for just a little while. I like spicy foods- I make a mean Buffalo chicken Ramen soup. The hot and sour soup may taste nasty with a cold, and it will not give you a lasting relief.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 7:16 am

I usually fast if I get sick.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 1:49 am

Orange juice, garlic.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 6:15 am

Asmodeus wrote:
Orange juice, garlic.

I second this, and add honey, cinnamon and green tea. And like.. vegetables. Vegetables can't hurt.
Anything with vitamins and nutrients and other healthy thingies will give your body more tools to fight off buggies with. Just think of it like dumping supplies to a tiny army down your throat.
....>__>

Postures
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 6:37 am

Lemon and honey.