Yes 29%  29%  [ 7 ]
No 71%  71%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 24

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 12:17 am

sinsboldly wrote:
Actually I called today to register for my nearest Death Panel, but I guess they haven't set them up yet. . .

Nearest? Don't be ridiculous. You will have to appear at the Death Panel located in American Samoa. Or Kenya, where we will shortly be relocating our capital.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 12:42 am

Orwell wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
Actually I called today to register for my nearest Death Panel, but I guess they haven't set them up yet. . .

Nearest? Don't be ridiculous. You will have to appear at the Death Panel located in American Samoa. Or Kenya, where we will shortly be relocating our capital.

oh, KOOL! then he will actually BE a citizen, then!

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

24 Mar 2010, 8:04 am

Rush going to costa rica.....wow...must...mark ...on calander
I will throw him a great fairwell party...free cosmetic surgery for all.....(doing my tribal indian warcall)

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 8:43 am

Oh Canada, Oh Canada..............

Can you paint the picture!!

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 9:52 am

After all these years, the government is finally doing something positive.

Even after the Republicans desperately tried to bankrupt us.

Mr. Limbaugh will enjoy socialized medicine in Costa Rica, too.

Actually, he didn't complain about state-run health care when he was in Hawaii.

rjgarn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Mar 2010, 2:49 pm

It's some wishful thinking, but this is also coming from the mouth of a guy who made a career speaking of the evils of drug use and was caught doctor shopping, and who always preaches massive patriotism and war mongering, but when it was his turn to serve he chickened out because of a wart on his a**, among countless other things. Limbaugh is a hypocritical chicken-hawk who will probably make up some BS excuse about how this wasn't the actual bill that Obama wanted, therefore he is going to stay.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 5:07 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
The problem with Canadian immigration is that so many of the highy protectionist professional associations refuse to recognize the immigrants' degrees.

It is not a problem when Canada refuses to recognise the "medical degree" of third world countries and allows said doctor to treat Canadians. Like America, we have medical practice standards.

It is unfortunate that most of those people went to medical school for many years and cannot make use of their skills(at least in Canada OR the USA), but again, lawyers have to pass the bar exam, and doctors have to achieve a Canadian medical license.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 10:05 am

So, why hasn't this fat, disgusting slob moved his fat ugly body to Costa Rica yet?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 11:21 am

No. He was just posturing.

Though, he DID go to the Dominican Republic to enjoy the pedophile sex trade.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 12:17 pm

Americans are pretty much raped when it comes to health care cost. Most every nation gets things cheaper...not less quality, but cheaper because the companies know they can take the average American for more money "per pill" than other nations can afford to pay. Canada is about 1/2. Mexico is about 1/3 for the legitimate stuff.

So, if you have to submit to socialized medicine, might as well go where you won't be raped on the price of it.

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 5:18 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Americans are pretty much raped when it comes to health care cost. Most every nation gets things cheaper...not less quality, but cheaper because the companies know they can take the average American for more money "per pill" than other nations can afford to pay.

False. Even if you consider the prices that Americans should be paying for health care given their superior level of income health care prices in U.S. are above that. They reached the level Americans should be paying for health care with a regression.

You should consider reading this Mckinsey report (Accounting for the cost of U.S. health care: A new look at why Americans spend more):

http://www.mckinsey.com/mgi/publications/us_healthcare/
http://www.mckinsey.com/mgi/reports/pdf ... report.pdf

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 7:31 am

Wedge wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
Americans are pretty much raped when it comes to health care cost. Most every nation gets things cheaper...not less quality, but cheaper because the companies know they can take the average American for more money "per pill" than other nations can afford to pay.

False. Even if you consider the prices that Americans should be paying for health care given their superior level of income health care prices in U.S. are above that. They reached the level Americans should be paying for health care with a regression.

You just proved my point.

America doesn't spend more by choice. We don't say, "Oh, please charge us 3 times what Mexicans pay for health care." We are assessed at those prices. Health care is largely not negotiable in cost. Big Pharma and everyone else making killer profits off of health care socks Americans for higher prices than they do anyone else because they figure we can afford to pay for it. Other nations put restrictions in to keep the populace from being fleeced for every little thing they get in health care.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 7:48 am

I wonder why the fat-ass would choose Costa Rica over the Dominican Republic?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 9:06 am

pandabear wrote:
I wonder why the fat-ass would choose Costa Rica over the Dominican Republic?

Don't s**t where you eat.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 1:21 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Americans are pretty much raped when it comes to health care cost. Most every nation gets things cheaper...not less quality, but cheaper because the companies know they can take the average American for more money "per pill" than other nations can afford to pay. Canada is about 1/2. Mexico is about 1/3 for the legitimate stuff.

So, if you have to submit to socialized medicine, might as well go where you won't be raped on the price of it.

you have never been actually raped, have you zer0netgain. So you are just posturing.

cave_canem
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2011, 4:03 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Wedge wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

You just proved my point.

America doesn't spend more by choice. We don't say, "Oh, please charge us 3 times what Mexicans pay for health care." We are assessed at those prices. Health care is largely not negotiable in cost. Big Pharma and everyone else making killer profits off of health care socks Americans for higher prices than they do anyone else because they figure we can afford to pay for it. Other nations put restrictions in to keep the populace from being fleeced for every little thing they get in health care.

Yes. And this is because universal healthcare (as we have here in Canada) is not unregulated or simply profit driven. Although I wouldn't say that they charge you higher prices because "they figure you can afford to pay for it" - they only care about their bottom line. There is no reason that a family in the US would be better able to pay for healthcare than a family in Canada.

From what I understand of the medical system in the US, most doctors' offices and hospitals are privately run for-profit - and the prices they charge are unregulated. My great aunt lives in the US - she had a prescription that doubled in price every time she went to have it refilled. $100, to $200, and last time it was $400 - over a period of less than a year. That does not happen in Canada.

As a Canadian, I can proudly thank Tommy Douglas - you truly were the greatest Canadian.