Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DylanMcKay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2010, 2:16 pm

Rest in Peace Corey Haim.

I was actually going to bring this up a week ago before he passed away this week but got sidetracked. As I oftentimes do out of compulsion while watching videos on youtube, I was scrolling through all the comments. And someone said the following:

"OMG. This video makes sense. Corey Haim has aspergers. Watch how he responds. " And also, it has a +2 next to it, so a few folk must have also agreed with this sentiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lJpt635sok (from around roughly 1989)

(For those who aren't familiar with the late actor, he was best known for being a teen heartthrob in the late 1980s. He shot to fame as the lead in the 1986 movie Lucas (and, interestingly enough, many have speculated that the fictional character Lucas may have had asperger's). Renowned Film critic Roger Ebert wrote the following review of Haim's performance:

"Lucas is played by Corey Haim, and he does not give one of those cute little boy performances that get on your nerves. He creates one of the most three-dimensional, complicated, interesting characters of any age in any recent movie... He is that good."

I have my own thoughts on the late great Mr. Haim, but I'd be curious to see if anyone agrees with the comment above from youtube about aspergers based on the footage here.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 12:44 am

Wait... So you bring up the film Lucas but fail to bring up The Lost Boys? What the hell! The Lost Boys is not only the greatest movie he has done but the greatest vampire movie EVER!.

However the possibility of him having aspergers is very interesting.

DylanMcKay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Mar 2010, 8:21 pm

Thanks for the reply Xenu. The Lost Boys was definitely a win.

I'll go ahead and submit my personal opinion.... I do not believe Corey Haim had asperger's. I just found it interesting that not only was this comment there with this youtube video, but 2 people gave it a thumbs up and agreed with it. Just wanted to see if anyone else agreed with the person who made the comment.

If anyone's interested I do have theories on mental illnesses/brain differences the late actor may have had. I do not believe, however, that he had asperger's.