Edwardian Era appreciation thread

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 4:25 pm

Every Friday, I dress up in my three piece suit and wear it on campus. For some reason, girls love it. I don't know if it's because of my derby hat or is it the vest? My girlfriend loves all things Edwardian and has quite the wardrobe to prove it.

Anyone else here like this era?

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 4:54 pm

Edwardian Era was early 20th century, wasn't it?

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 5:30 pm

Descartes wrote:
Edwardian Era was early 20th century, wasn't it?

yes.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 5:35 pm

I like the mens costumes from that era. I've actually thought of dressing like that, back in the 90s, when I didn't have the right role model. I'll post a random truth about him.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 5:48 pm

I like how the Edwardian Era was similar to the Victorian Era, only with more technological/scientific innovations. It was basically the Victorian Era on steroids. :lol:

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 6:06 pm

Ackman wrote:
Every Friday, I dress up in my three piece suit and wear it on campus. For some reason, girls love it. I don't know if it's because of my derby hat or is it the vest? My girlfriend loves all things Edwardian and has quite the wardrobe to prove it.

Anyone else here like this era?

Nice :) I have a riding derby. I wore it as a teenager everywhere I went in Arizona instead of a cowboy hat like a lot of kids wear out West. I even wore it in other countries. As a kid you can get away with things more. I know from my experience, people love the derby. But I imagine the combination of the three piece suit with the derby on you, that sends the girls over the edge. Yes, I like the Edwardian Era and I still have my derby. :)