Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

16 Mar 2010, 11:28 pm

Smiles annoy me, mainly because I have been trained to reciprocate and I dislike doing so. Even when I find something pleasant or funny, a slight smirk is the only thing that feels natural. I am also required to smile all day at work...it is tedious.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2010, 11:46 pm

Several people on the internet commented on my former picture that they loved my smirk. I wasn't intentionally smirking, that's just how I am.

Yes, I find large smiles threatening, but then, so do most higher primates. An open-mouthed "smile" is often a symbol of aggression or fear.

One of my psychology texts had four smiles next to each other. Two were apparently "real," and two were "fake." It was meant to prove the ease of discernment between them. I failed. I chose the smaller smiles as real. There was something around the eyes that I completely missed.