Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

HikariOkami
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Mar 2010, 12:38 am

Quote:
I think the "snake" in the Garden of Eden is actualy a translation error. I think 90% of the whole Old Testement is figurism and isn't meant to be taken litteraly. I don't think God himself would care if I brought every lizard in Texas. If God dislikes animals so much why did He go about creating them in the first place? Humans were actually created to take care of them.

But you notice that snakes have no legs. A lizard is not a snake, and I see no problem in taking a lizard into church. An animal that provides a service and doesn't cause other people to lose rights or money should be fine anywhere. Also, I can imagine how comforting a lizard would be to carry around. I love the feel of reptile scales, and I wish I could have one that doesn't walk in its own filth. I hope you can keep carrying him/her around with you, good luck.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 12:48 am

I've seen people with their lizards out shopping in Tucson, Arizona. Most people find them fascinating.

I wish I had one myself. I do have a huge plastic lizard who looks real. I bought him at Toys R Us. One time I put him in the bath tub just before my brother-in-law went in to take a shower.
Yes, I believe if the pet is comforting to the person, the person is able to care for it properly, and the pet is not aggressive, it should be allowed and considered a service pet. Good Luck PunkyKat! :)

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 2:43 am

Taupey wrote:
I've seen people with their lizards out shopping in Tucson, Arizona. Most people find them fascinating.

I wish I had one myself. I do have a huge plastic lizard who looks real. I bought him at Toys R Us. One time I put him in the bath tub just before my brother-in-law went in to take a shower.
Yes, I believe if the pet is comforting to the person, the person is able to care for it properly, and the pet is not aggressive, it should be allowed and considered a service pet. Good Luck PunkyKat! :)

This is San Antonio and people are facinated by Pippin. My nepphews and neice have a little toy lizard they got at the zoo. They named it "Hippin", they call Pippin "hippin" as well and my sister-in-law says she sees the two year old carry it around on his shirt with his arms wrapped around it, just like he's seen me do with Pippin.

Pippin is anything but agressive. Anyone who asks is free to pet her. Some people are downright rough but she is okay with it. My 2 year old nepphew is a bit clumsy and accidently smacks her in the face when trying to pet her but Pippin seems to understand he dosen't know any better.

Hyacynth wrote:
http://usarplus.com/homepage.asp
I am not saying you should spend the money but make somethiing like this and you meet this criteria for sure

It seems like they only accept dogs.

I think she would tolerate wearing a vest. Image

.Image She is good with other animals.

And good with cars

These are old pics. I need to upload some of the umteen new ones but my camera is being stupid. She is fifteen months old

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 10:13 am

She's adorable! :heart:

MichelleRM78
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2010, 10:18 am

I have to tell you, I really don't like lizards-- but the pictures of this one just keep making me laugh. The one you posted on the "hostile to smiles" post is adoreable as well. I keep looking back at them and giggling. Totally cute :lol:

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 10:30 pm

Bring it! I wish I could bring mine out more places

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Oct 2011, 8:20 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
Taupey wrote:

This is San Antonio and people are facinated by Pippin. My nepphews and neice have a little toy lizard they got at the zoo. They named it "Hippin", they call Pippin "hippin" as well and my sister-in-law says she sees the two year old carry it around on his shirt with his arms wrapped around it, just like he's seen me do with Pippin.

Too cute

Pippin is anything but agressive. Anyone who asks is free to pet her. Some people are downright rough but she is okay with it. My 2 year old nepphew is a bit clumsy and accidently smacks her in the face when trying to pet her but Pippin seems to understand he dosen't know any better.

Hyacynth wrote:
http://usarplus.com/homepage.asp
I am not saying you should spend the money but make somethiing like this and you meet this criteria for sure

It seems like they only accept dogs.

I think she would tolerate wearing a vest. Image

.Image She is good with other animals.

And good with cars

These are old pics. I need to upload some of the umteen new ones but my camera is being stupid. She is fifteen months old