Anybody here who is, or was, a picky eater?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 1:39 pm

I'm still a picky eater, but was much, much worse as a kid.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 1:40 pm

I'm a very picky eater. I don't like cream sauces or creamy foods, I don't care for mushrooms that much, My steak has to be rare, with the blood streaming out with each bite, for me to eat it, and I won't eat spicy foods. I also don't like the tastes and textures of sour cream, cottage cheese and processed cheese.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 2:30 pm

I was never a picky eater. I ate anything my mom served me. There were some foods I didn't like such as lasagna. I ate the same foods in restaurants and my husband and I buy the same foods when we go shopping but sometimes we will buy some things that we don't usually get. It's just easier than standing in the store and deciding what to get. I still wouldn't classify myself as a picky eater.

GrimmRomance
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2010, 2:57 pm

I'm quite the picky eater as well. But it's rarely due to the taste. It's the texture, that I'm very particular about.
My grandmother used to make us (her grandchildren) these classic Scandinavian meatballs, which of course contained onions for flavour, but I refused to eat them, because of my disliking for the texture of the roughly chopped onions, so she hap to mash them for me. :)
As many of you've also mentioned, I don't get tired of the same foods either. I've been eating whole grain buns with peanutbutter and banana for the past couple of years. Still tastes well. :D

I became a vegetarian at 13/14, which forced me to try out all sorts of new foods, which helped me in the picky aspect.

Some types of food still really bother me; the spicy ones (I become strangely overstimulated and frustrated), mushrooms (unless they're mashed and stuffed into my nutroast), liquids with too much flavour (I only drank water and milk though my entire childhood - these days I also manage to drink apple juice once in a while), deep fried food, thick sauces, "heavy" dishes, salty food, boiled eggs and so much more.