Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Woodfish
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2010, 8:29 am

i've always been like this a lot. silly pointless "jokes" that just keep falling out of my mouth at certain times. i think i normally think of it as being a bit narcissistic .. not connected. unreal. geared up .. hyper.

and normally the solution for me is to yet again "become real" as i often seem to call it. like keep trying to talk to and connect emotionally to my dear and normally very understanding NT GF. she will normally be and stay real. so talking to her makes me gradually real too. also reconnecting to grief and sadness will normally make me real. grounded. silent. integrated. stop babbling. .. like to me it seems the feelings are silent, whole and real. when i find back to feeling i also find back to silence and wholeness. then it is yet again possible for me to know what i want and also do it. i'm no longer paralysed - stuck in mid air. but i guess that's just me. maybe not true at all for others ... :)

If we concentrate on accepting ourselves, change will happen. It will take care of itself. Self-acceptance is so hard to get you can't do it a day at a time. I've found that I need to run my life five minutes at a time. --Jess Lair

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 8:36 am

ursaminor wrote:
I take nothing seriously.
Not even things that involve people dying.
If I can make it funny, I will.
Of course, then I have the anti-social opinion that if someone is offended it really is their own fault.
And it could impossibly be my fault.
I can not control or in any way anticipate their response, they should not blame me, it is unfair.

This, so very much this.

jokebox
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2010, 8:49 am

Lolx..you guys must be joking me....save some jokes and sell them to script writers. you guys can earn money..may be it is bcos you guys are creative....just joking... :P

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 9:05 am

This was my entire high school life. Fortunately most people thought I was funny, though also weird :)

Omnicognic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 9:15 am

Guilty

I once fell from a platform 20' to the floor landing flat on my back and knocking the wind out of me.. the sound carried across the warehouse and soon had a huge crowd around me.
When I caught my breath I said " I'm fine, the concrete broke my fall!" No one laughed...

Another time we were testing a modification I submitted to improve production, all upper management were there to observe.. I had to wait in a room to await results. I commented "I feel like shrodinger's cat" no one understood the reference