Black people must leave, NJ Walmart announcer says

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 5:32 am

They caught the 16 year old kid who did it.

I still think it was a good joke. He might have yelled "fire" or "bomb" and caused a riot but he didn't.

Instead he said something that would really tick people off but do no harm. Hey... it was a practical joke. That's all.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 6:10 am

Wombat wrote:
They caught the 16 year old kid who did it.

I still think it was a good joke. He might have yelled "fire" or "bomb" and caused a riot but he didn't.

Instead he said something that would really tick people off but do no harm. Hey... it was a practical joke. That's all.

Insulting people is, per se, a harm. Particularly, gratuitous insults.

ruveyn

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 6:29 am

ruveyn wrote:
ruveyn

Lighten up. Don't you laugh at "fat jokes" or "blonde jokes" or "dumb jokes"?

All jokes are cruel in some ways and funny to other people.

That is human nature. You slip on a banana skin and I laugh. I slip on a banana skin and you laugh.
Such is life.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 6:43 am

Wombat wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
ruveyn

Lighten up. Don't you laugh at "fat jokes" or "blonde jokes" or "dumb jokes"?

All jokes are cruel in some ways and funny to other people.

That is human nature. You slip on a banana skin and I laugh. I slip on a banana skin and you laugh.
Such is life.

Indeed, but in Western democracies although allegedly we're all equal, it is obvious some are more equal than others.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 6:59 am

Wombat wrote:
They caught the 16 year old kid who did it. I still think it was a good joke. He might have yelled "fire" or "bomb" and caused a riot but he didn't.

maybe for a practical corrective, the powers-that-be should consider giving the adolescent a choice between a 6 month stint at juvie or to wear a placard outside the store for a week saying, "i am a 16-year-old kid who caused a thoughtless and needless commotion inside this walmart store, and i have been punished for this misdemeanor. but please remember that i am learning right from wrong and i will grow-up to be a responsible citizen."

but some folk never grow up- when i was in the army one of my drill instructors took us all to walmart for sundry supplies, and to keep us from lollygaggling too long in the store [it was our first taste of freedom since basic training] he got on the PA system and said "OK privates, get your goat-smellin' @$$es outside in the parking lot staging area NOW! and thank you ladies and gentlemen for shopping at walmart!"