Does anyone else obsessively edit their posts?

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 10:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i do but it does little good, as i am alwyas overllking some misteak i made and witch my eyes just glossde-over. how frsutatign!

Same here
I have to look at my post at another time 2 C THE ERRORS .
I need a grammar check along with spell check :lol:
One thing I do do, as Richie does, is to make darn sure the links work.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 5:46 am

I do a lot of quoting in my posts, so I'm religious about using the preview button to make sure that the BBCode is working correctly and I'm not mis-attributing anything. I'm also sort of a Nazi about my own grammar and spelling and will edit my posts if I notice mistakes in them later, but that's pretty rare.

Solsikke
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Apr 2010, 8:25 am

Yes, because my english is not very good.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 8:56 am

Ofc :D it always can be better

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Stone_Man
Toucan
Toucan

11 Apr 2010, 8:59 am

Actually, there are people who I wish would be a bit more compulsive about editing ... lol

LoveMyAspieGirl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 9:33 am

Well, yes and no, yes because I make errors a lot, and even when I'm typing what I want to post I try to not make any mistakes or if I'm missing something from it, and sometimes, the time when I want to post, I can't because the 9,999 minutes passed by, and no, because I don't want to do it that much. :lol:

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 9:44 am

I review them and usually edit them at least once.

sarek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Apr 2010, 4:59 am

I review a lot but still leave very annoying mistakes. Its ironic because I am very keen on my spelling and use of language. So all those errors irritate me terribly.

Part of them is attributable to attention deficit related dyslexia. My eyes simply wont fix onto the error until after it is too late.

What beyond reality

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2010, 5:21 am

Yeah, I do it all the time. I've already done it a few times in the very few posts I've made so far. :P

French_Lola
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Apr 2010, 10:40 am

I do that too! I like perfect grammar, sometimes I even spot mispellings in books.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 2:59 pm

I don't tend to edit my public messages that often, though I will correct a typo or reword occasionally. I do, however, tend to obsessively edit my private messages.

Three years!

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 5:11 pm

Yes, fairly obsessively too. I think my record is something like 20 times on what was roughly a 2 paragraph post. Sometimes it's just me deleting sentences I don't feel are relevant. Other times I'm fixing the grammar or just playing with it to make things more interesting. Rarely do I add anything of real substance unless I remember something I just didn't address in my post(which doesn't happen all that often), I almost always end up simplifying.

Edit:I realized the last sentence was really the only worthwhile bit of my little tangeant and am putting it below this line, but keeping the topside for posterity.

Yes, Fairly obsessively. It seems I always end up just condensing and simplifying though.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 5:25 pm

Sometimes... But it depends on the topic, if it is such a serious topic, I would obviously constantly correct myself until it looks more or less perfect.

Other times, I just don't really bother to edit unless somebody points out my mistakes.

So yes, I'm guilty of editing. :lol:

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 7:05 pm

God yes.

:\

you_are_what_you_is
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 1:59 am

I edit quite a lot. I tend to miss typos until sometime after I've made the post (I'm not so bad now I've found that there's a spell checker in Firefox, though), and I also often come up with new ideas and better ways of phrasing sentences that I'll want to edit in.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 6:14 am

dossa wrote:
I tend to review mine obsessively before I post them. I often change them several times before I submit (and then half the time I end up deleting them as the process becomes frustrating to me). As a result, it has taken me up to an hour to post a single paragraph. I can be very slow... I think I have only edited one of my posts after submitting...
I utilize the exact same process. When I actually do post something with a typographical error, I tend to notice it as I click Submit. So I immediately edit it, and before anybody else posts after me. I absolutely hate having my posts forever marked with "Last edited by..." etc.