Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 8:42 pm

Does anyone else here like this movie? I know I do. I'm writing a prequel of sorts. Basically, if you thought Ruth was always mean to her daughter, you'd be shocked. Actually, she is a loving, caring mother, who nurtures Rose's free spirit, because you'll learn that she was just like that when she was younger.

Here's the Prequel group page over at DeviantART:
Titanic Prequel art page

I created the group. I find what the characters did before the movie is more fascinating. I don't particularly care for Jack.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 8:59 pm

James Cameron's Titanic is one of my favorite movies ever. I own a special edition DVD of it.

And your prequel sounds really interesting. I've also been a little curious as to what Rose's life was like before she went onto the Titanic.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 9:20 pm

Descartes wrote:
James Cameron's Titanic is one of my favorite movies ever. I own a special edition DVD of it.

And your prequel sounds really interesting. I've also been a little curious as to what Rose's life was like before she went onto the Titanic.

From my perspective:

Rose's father does NOT die. He divorces Ruth for a reason I will come up with, but safe to say it is not due to an affair, he just gets tired of her. Rose has a twin sister who is adopted by one of Ruth's friends one month after birth. Her name is Emily. Unlike Rose, Emily is spoiled and her room is quite large, with a massive four post bed, a large walk in closet and a pretty big vanity. Emily's adopted mother only did this because it is found out that she cannot have children, thus wanting to treat her as a princess. Emily's adopted father, is a psychologist at Seaview Hospital on Staten Island, and he has an affair, causing a divorce to occur between Victoria(Emily's adoptive mother) and him. Rose and Emily reunite at St. Catherine's girl school. It is revealed that they are sisters on Thanksgiving Day, 1907.

Rose has many rivals at boarding school, including a girl named Millicent King. Millicent always picks at Rose's faults, one day, Millicane; seeking revenge for something rose "did", so Millicent pushes her down a flight of granite steps, breaking several of her ribs and one leg. She almost dies, but since she is a fighter, like her mother she pulls through. That whole incident really made Ruth shine. She was there for her daughter. The movie would have had Ruth avoid her problem. Here we see Ruth sitting with her in the hospital EVERY DAY, comforting her, basically just being there.

Oh, my avatar is Rose at twelve years old.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 10:08 pm

Prequel Query topic

Have you thought about telling JC about this? Good idea. Sounds interesting.

You could also do something later with the storyline after they dock, based on the hints at the end of the movie.

Good luck. :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 10:22 pm

I'm afraid to tell JC. I'm scared he won't like it. I mean, if he wants Ruth to be a mean biatch to her child than let him. In my heart I know she's a kind, loving person, who is not afraid to uppercut Billy Zane's character (She does this btw after catching him doing stuff he shouldn't have). As for continuing the storyline, I'm not into post Titanic. I mean it's bad enough with those "Jack Lives" stories ughh.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 10:52 am

I'm kind of making a graphic novel to go along with it. Tying in my own characters with the movie characters as well. Does this sound like a good idea?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 11:26 am

I like the part where Capt. Smith says to his First Officer Mr. Murdock --- Take her to sea, Mr. Murdock. Let's see how fast we can sink this tub.

ruveyn

Xhizors
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2010, 1:30 pm

Nope. Numerous factual errors; bad story line, boring storyline actually; only thing good about the movie was the actual sinking.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 3:27 pm

I could like it, if they would cut this stupid love story and show more machines and destroy. I watched it in cinema, ship fascinated me, but this vomitly sweet couple were veeery annoying! I was waiting and thinking When to hell this ship gonna sink?! I want to see it broken!

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 10:37 am

I loathed Titanic with a passion. The dialogue was risible ("Oh, Jack, I'm flying!") and the plot flimsy at best.

Plus, the historical errors leapt out at me like they were dancing butt-naked with "Look at me!" tattooed on their chests. And historical errors and I do not get on well, if the film in which I'm seeing them is poor (conversely, if a film is great, I can forgive historical errors, even if there are loads of them - for instance, the film Zulu is basically one long historical error, with so many inaccurate details popping up it might as well have been complete fiction instead of being purportedly based on fact... but the film is awesome, so it gets a reprieve :)).