Cats or Dogs
Cats 54%  54%  [ 21 ]
Dogs 46%  46%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 39

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 7:30 pm

Which animals do members here prefer, Cats or Dogs?

For me, it would have to be both, I can't quite decide which animals are better.

Tabby Cats I really seem to find really cute, my neighbour has one of them and they are absolutely adorable, I would literally cuddle them all day long if I wish and the fur is incredibly soft yet cats seems to approach me in a friendly way, how weird?

As for dogs, my favourite one would have to be a Labrador dogs, my auntie has them and they are so adorable, especially they are pups yet alot you have to train and constant walks, but I don't mind that as such.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 8:05 pm

I've voted dogs, because my family has had pet dogs, my entire childhood. I also love my little Chico. :heart:

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 8:07 pm

I prefer cats. Nothing against dogs, but they're too noisy.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 9:39 pm

I prefer cats, although I've know a good dog or two. (Mostly English Bulldogs and Pitbulls)

My last cat, Drater (ret*d spelled backwards - and I didn't name him before you start!) had problems. He had really bad seizures which I finally got under control in the last few years of his life. He was very sweet, but kind of mentally deficient. Apparently he had been mal-nourished as a kitten and had been rescued in very bad condition. He became my responsibility when his owners (I hate using that term) had to move. I took care of him for 13 years and it's been about 13 years since I had to have him killed. I still lie awake at night wondering if I did the right thing. I have not felt comfortable having a pet ever since.

I like the solitary nature of cats. Dogs come across as too needy and too willing to distort themselves just to get attention. Cats can be affectionate and sometimes needy, but I like the fact that they can amuse themselves (or at least sleep) on their own. They like affection, but they won't embarrass themselves excessively to get it.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 9:47 pm

both, but then again they cant compare to lizards

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 10:24 pm

I LOVE cats. We have a lot of them, and they are all so sweet because we give them a lot of affection. I also love my dog though. She is my special baby, and I am her favorite person. It is wonderful to experience a dog's loyalty. I am an animal lover for sure. I enjoy the company of guinea pigs, rats, birds, and even snakes and lizards or turtles. I just wouldn't own a pet that I had to feed other animals to.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 10:54 pm

I voted cats because I have 3 of them. Winchester, Obsidian and Sterling. I had another cat, Maverick who I put to sleep this past summer. That was rough. I'm actually both a dog and cat person. My dog, Isabel was the best dog I have ever had. She died 2001. She was like another child to me. I was devastated for so long after losing her. I have never had a desire to get another dog since. Besides, my cats are so demanding and such big attention whores, I would not have time to care for a dog too. Animals are wonderful, I love them.

:cat: :heart: :cat: :heart: :cat:

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 10:58 pm

I forgot to mention; I also like cats because I feel compatible with them. Cats, for the most part, are quiet, timid, and keep to themselves, and that reminds me a lot of myself.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 1:00 am

I like both. Cats are usually easy, low maintenance pets... but there's nothing in this world to compare to a good, smart dog. The problem is that good, smart dogs are as rare as good, smart humans!

Last edited by GoonSquad on 20 Mar 2010, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 1:04 am

GoonSquad wrote:
I like both. Cat a usually easy, low maintenance pets... but there's nothing in this world to compare to a good, smart dog. The problem is that good, smart dogs are as rare as good, smart humans!

get out of my forums goon squad and go back to mal ganis,

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 1:05 am

and a little on topic, it would be dogs

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 2:04 am

jagatai wrote:
I prefer cats, although I've known a good dog or two. (Mostly English Bulldogs and Pitbulls)

My last cat, Drater (ret*d spelled backwards - and I didn't name him before you start!) had problems. He had really bad seizures which I finally got under control in the last few years of his life. He was very sweet, but kind of mentally deficient. Apparently he had been mal-nourished as a kitten and had been rescued in very bad condition. He became my responsibility when his owners (I hate using that term) had to move. I took care of him for 13 years and it's been about 13 years since I had to have him killed. I still lie awake at night wondering if I did the right thing. I have not felt comfortable having a pet ever since.

I like the solitary nature of cats. Dogs come across as too needy and too willing to distort themselves just to get attention. Cats can be affectionate and sometimes needy, but I like the fact that they can amuse themselves (or at least sleep) on their own. They like affection, but they won't embarrass themselves excessively to get it.

I agree. I've had a very good border collie blue healer mix dog, and my aunt has an awesome pure breed sheppard of some kind.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I hope you can soon enjoy having another ffriend.

Postures
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 2:15 am

Cats are awesome. Especially siamese cats 8)

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 8:18 am

Cats. Just give them food, water, and litter box and they completely take care of themselves.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 10:26 am

I adored my cats (and was absolutely crushed when they died), but my first love was always my dogs.

I actually related to them a lot more than I did to my brother, which says a great deal about how close he and I were at that time (we're better now, but back then we weren't exactly best friends).

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 10:29 am

I prefer dogs, not that I have anything against cats.

I have a rat terrier named Josie. Her feet smell like popcorn.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!