Work embarassment - caught rehearsing conversation

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

kia_williams
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2010, 9:42 pm

As an observer of pretty much Everything this is one of those things that tickles me.. People rehearse important conversations either under their breath, in their head or in private, a great example of this a general behaviour in People is the nervous NT about to ask someone out on a date..

Everyone does it, but no one wants to admit to doing so for fear of seeming nuts, NTs can "grow" out of it with lots of life experience but, they do have the advantage of innate social skills, ALOT still do it though if its a big important conversation and some who do it will "point" at others they catch doing it, as a "diversionary tactic".

seriously :) no need to fret, if you get quizzed on doing it, just ask them if they've ever planned out a discussion it when asking someone out or such like, that lil moment of "umm" silence you'll probably get.. means "yes".

Do try to watch it round strangers though walking down the street talking "to yourself" is a good way to be visited by the men with white labcoats and big needles (joke).

and umm yes, try to watch what you say, I can think of a few NT's i know who have been caught "rehearsing" their "sensitive" breaking-up-nicely-with-my-SO conversation... by said SO.