Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2010, 11:14 pm

I never answer the door. The people who are allowed in have keys and if they are too lazy to use them it's not my problem.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 3:43 am

I ignore my cell phone when I am at work or in class. I usually answer the door, but I am tempted not to anymore since everytime I do, it's Jehovahs witnesses trying to push their religion on me.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Salt
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Mar 2010, 3:54 am

I never open the door for unannounced visits.

With caller ID I answer the calls iof people I know. Is there no number transmitted, the call ends on mailbox.
But thats sometimes bad for business, I try to get over the habit.

alana
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 3:55 am

phone, always, door knocks I usually answer because they are extremely rare here.

justMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 3:59 am

I answer in a comedic manner, or disable the ringer/bell.

*gravelly trucker voice* "Who's dis? Dis' bettah be gewd!"

ASgirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Mar 2010, 4:01 am

i set my phone to vibrate and only pick up calls from people i don't mind talking to. i've only given my home landline number to my mother and i answer that everytime. door bells, i only take any notice if i am expected someone.

Caveman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2010, 4:53 am

I never get visitors so I don't have to worry about answering the door. The phone depends on my mood. 90% of the time I won't answer but occasionally I do if I'm feeling good.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 5:22 am

StevieC wrote:
whenever the phone or doorbell goes, I'll ignore it, even if im closest to it, whether with or without others in the house, unless its someone im expecting.
just wondered if anyone else is like that.

Yup, same here.

Especially if some relatives are calling - ID caller display is such a marvellous invention! 8)

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 11:05 am

Me too......so many unexpected callers are just scammers or cold-callers, and it's almost never in my interests to answer them.

For the door, my ideal solution is a security camera so I can quickly see who it is without letting them know I'm in. But it's not been worth the effort setting it up, as simply ignoring unexpected callers does the trick almost as well.

For the phone, I should probably get one of those caller display things, because I've often been expecting an important call and some telesales jerk rings up. I'm on the Telephone Preference Service, which is supposed to stop them, but it doesn't always do the job. I vent some of my anger by being thoroughly rotten to the caller.......one way is to ask them to hold the line, and let them wait forever.....wasting their time like they've selfishly wasted mine. :twisted:

Valarum
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Mar 2010, 11:16 am

Yes I ignore the phone especially if I know its work calling. I get very anxious when the phone rings because I'm afraid it might be someone who wants to yell at me.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 11:18 am

StevieC wrote:
i live with my parents & sister. I'm 20. whenever the phone or doorbell goes, I'll ignore it, even if im closest to it, whether with or without others in the house, unless its someone im expecting.
just wondered if anyone else is like that.

I used to obsessively have to answer the phone, but now it tends to just annoy me, unless I know someone I like is calling.

FredOak3
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Mar 2010, 12:26 pm

The phone (unless it's my cell) I always ignore because 99.9% of the time it's either for my kids or my wife

The doorbell I'll get if I'm not in the middle of something

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 1:22 pm

I really can't ignore either one, though I'll screen my calls. Good old Call Display. I HATE taking messages. If it's clearly not for me, I'll let the machine get it.

sketches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Mar 2010, 4:05 pm

Brennan wrote:
Unfortunately, I can't pretend I'm not at home as my dogs bark as soon as they hear anyone approaching.

Um, I'm not sure how it works at your home, but my dog barks when someone's at the door, too (doorbell or knocking). I still ignore the door. It's no big deal. LOL, FredOak3, no offense (really, I'm sorry if this is mean), but that is pretty sad that your kids get more calls than you! Aww! :(

Like others here, I used to get very anxious when someone would ring the doorbell.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 4:52 pm

I really do not want to, I get surprised and jumpy if the doorbell goes off and the melody from my mobile causes me to get irritated and slightly anxious/angry.
But I answer both because I'll get complaints and never ending comments that I'm screwing things up.
I handle myself better face to face though if surprised, phones are hell.

:::)

FredOak3
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Mar 2010, 6:35 pm

sketches,
No offense taken...it's fine with me if I do get a call it's usually work as I'm on 24 hour call or a friend or realative with a computer issue and I do enough of that at work.