Should I get/make up a fake boyfriend?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Mar 2010, 11:58 am

In some cases, with repeated harassment and inveigling of unwanted, would-be companions, I have had to be blunt, and say, " I AM NOT ATTRACTED TO YOU!" :twisted:

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 3:02 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
In some cases, with repeated harassment and inveigling of unwanted, would-be companions, I have had to be blunt, and say, " I AM NOT ATTRACTED TO YOU!" :twisted:
That is a good one, because it tells no lies yet conveys the message in a way everyone that understands the words in that sentence will understand.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 4:45 pm

Tell people that you're just not interested.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 9:06 pm

I have often told men I was married, engaged or had a boyfriend so they would stop making advances.

When my great grandmother died a received some of her jewelry including one of her wedding band sets. At first I only wore the diamond and as I grew older I wore the band too. Today you can find all kinds of bands which you could use if you wanted. I created my faux man on paper so I had no trouble remembering him. And I still use him sometimes today. You will get men who will bother you anyway. That's when you have to be direct like Hartz said. I agree, its a great idea to take some self-defence classes. Pepper spray is always good but you have to pay mind to the wind so you don't end up with it in your face. Stun guns are nice to have but I'm not sure if they are legal. Probably not. It gets so old, especially when you have already told them "NO", but they keep on harassing you about it anyway. One of the maintance men for the apartments I live in, has a crush on me for over a year. I am so sick of him asking me out. I don't want him to get fired but I've had it with him. I feel as though I'm being harassed. Anyway good luck with this, huh.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 11:52 pm

hartzofspace wrote:

I would respond well to this, and at times I have. It's being in an undecided state that I don't like. By saying this, a woman is guaranteed relief from possibly being pestered by me, and I am kept free and clear for finding someone who does find me attractive.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Mar 2010, 12:58 pm

Taupey wrote:
One of the maintance men for the apartments I live in, has a crush on me for over a year. I am so sick of him asking me out. I don't want him to get fired but I've had it with him. I feel as though I'm being harassed. Anyway good luck with this, huh.

That would creep me out, Taupey! The fact that he is a maintenance man, means he might have a key to your place. I think that if it were me, the next time he asked me out, I would say something like: If you like having a job, I would suggest that you stop harassing me! The repercussions might make you unemployed! :evil:

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 4:30 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
Taupey wrote:
One of the maintance men for the apartments I live in, has a crush on me for over a year. I am so sick of him asking me out. I don't want him to get fired but I've had it with him. I feel as though I'm being harassed. Anyway good luck with this, huh.

That would creep me out, Taupey! The fact that he is a maintenance man, means he might have a key to your place. I think that if it were me, the next time he asked me out, I would say something like: If you like having a job, I would suggest that you stop harassing me! The repercussions might make you unemployed! :evil:

I'm at my breaking point and that's an excellent thing to tell him. It does creep me out. My friend, Ona bought me a door jam to use so no one can come in even if they have a key while its jammed under the door knob. I also have a loaded gun incase someone tries to come in through the windows. I have a micro recorder and have thought about recording him bothering me. His office is next to the laundry room and I don't want to do laundry anymore because that's always where he starts asking me and trying to flirt with me every single time. Thank You Hartz, that's perfect. :)

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Mar 2010, 6:01 pm

Taupey wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:
Taupey wrote:

I'm at my breaking point and that's an excellent thing to tell him. It does creep me out. My friend, Ona bought me a door jam to use so no one can come in even if they have a key while its jammed under the door knob. I also have a loaded gun incase someone tries to come in through the windows. I have a micro recorder and have thought about recording him bothering me. His office is next to the laundry room and I don't want to do laundry anymore because that's always where he starts asking me and trying to flirt with me every single time. Thank You Hartz, that's perfect. :)

Your welcome! :)

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 12:38 pm

I'm male and I had to deal with some of this in high school. This one girl, starting freshman year, would do things like flirting with me, saying things to me I didn't like, passing me obscene notes, etc., and of course, even when it was reported or done in front of teachers and other school officials, nothing was done and in fact if I told her off, I was the one at fault!

It got to the point where I was shouting streams of profanities at her, once I got sent to the office for throwing a book at her, and she wouldn't leave me alone. There were other girls who did similar things to me, and they were doing it not because of interest, but because they wanted to humiliate me. I would figure if a guy curses at a girl, calls her a whore, throws things at her, she'd get the message, but none of these girls did. They were determined to degrade and humiliate me, and of course the administration supported it.

I guess I didn't understand women back then.

I just wish people would back off when you make it clear in no uncertain terms that you aren't interested.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Apr 2010, 1:02 pm

PrisonerSix wrote:
I'm male and I had to deal with some of this in high school. This one girl, starting freshman year, would do things like flirting with me, saying things to me I didn't like, passing me obscene notes, etc., and of course, even when it was reported or done in front of teachers and other school officials, nothing was done and in fact if I told her off, I was the one at fault!

I've had males torment me like this, in middle school. It was very humiliating.
PrisonerSix wrote:

Those idiots weren't women. They were a herd of immature, stupid female children, joyfully embracing the lowest denominator of behavior sanctioned by the group.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 4:00 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
PrisonerSix wrote:

I've had males torment me like this, in middle school. It was very humiliating.
PrisonerSix wrote:

Those idiots weren't women. They were a herd of immature, stupid female children, joyfully embracing the lowest denominator of behavior sanctioned by the group.

For me it started in 8th grade. It was humiliating and very hard to deal with. It was a situation I had no way of winning. Girls do it too.

I hoped it would get better once I started high school because I went to a Christian school my parents told me was very strict and didn't put up with any foolishness from the kids unlike the public school I was in before. Of course, that was a lie and the school was basically a party school that pushed that school wasn't for learning, but about having fun. Not the kind of place I wanted to be in.

And you're right, they weren't women, they overly immature little girls in women's bodies. Not easy to deal with.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"