Is there even a point to living if you're ugly?

Page 9 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

bluerose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 May 2010, 5:57 am

Laz wrote:
What about your father?

Can't get much worse than that.

Well the males in here obviously can't see me:D
I'm always just as nice with men as I am with women. There definately has never been any vibe:D I just talk to them like I talk to women normally. I have too much to concentrate on every day so I don't really think about it all that much when I'm out and about, only at home does it occur to me. Although with the response I get even with being nice I should probably just start punching them in the face on sight because it would better justify the nasty treatment and arrogant attitude I get from them.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 6:44 am

i have a friend who is ugly according to most people.
he laments that he is not celebrated by people and he is upset that he is excluded from their fantasies.
he feels that his life is worthless because he is not desired.

he is aggravated when we go out somewhere and i attract people who want to talk to me.
he says "you have no right to be loved more than me because neither of us asked to be born the way we were"

i am not loved. i am chosen like a tasty rack of lamb at a butcher shop. it is a meat market.
there is no love in lust. he has a much more lovable personality than i do, and he should be happy that he sees things in a way that is much more appreciative than i do.

but people never the less bypass him and want to talk to me, and i do not want to talk to them because i am not interested.

after a short time, they see i have an inferior mind, but they do not see that he has the mind they are looking for because he is not physically attractive. they just go away and leave us when they realize i can not think that well.

if people are like they are shopping for groceries when they meet someone, then it is obvious that their opinions do not matter.

i love animals because they do not know i am stupid.
i feel loved and needed by the animals i know because they are not physically attracted to me, so they must be spiritually attracted to me.

all he wants is humans approval, and humans can not give anyone a feeling of absolute worth because they mostly base their opinion on physical attractiveness.

if you met the person of your dreams who understood you and you totally understood them and they loved you with every fiber of their existence unconditionally forever, then, it would be blissful.....unless they were 90 years old.

so it is that every person must have some physical attraction in order to love someone else.

i do not care for physical attraction and i am not interested in anyone who licks their lips when they look at me.

i love animals who love me despite the fact that they have no idea whether i am attractive or not.

i can not get my friend to see things the way i do, and he is perpetually forlorn that he has been rejected by humans. it is something that makes him like me less.

Yasmine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 May 2010, 10:16 am

b9 you don't sound stupid... you shouldn't call yourself that.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 May 2010, 1:34 pm

Yasmine wrote:

I agree. You sound wise and compassionate!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 11:09 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
You look totally fine in the first picture - and (to me) not all that different in the second. I know you've grown your hair and put make-up on - but I think you were basically always pretty to begin with. I'm always surprised at how some people change their 'rating' of a woman because they put a bit of lipstick on.

To me, 'pretty' is a natural thing, and I think you always had it. You just enhance what you already have, but you still always have it.

Agree tbh. Also the lighting on the pictures are completely different and they would look more similar if it was the same.

I have to laugh though at men who look at a woman and think "Oh wow, shes so hot" when she spends an hour every morning blow drying and straightening her hair, caking on makeup, wearing flash clothes and Jewelery and applying fake tan, its pathetic and ignorant tbh.

Its more attractive to be comfortable with yourself imo.

bluerose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 May 2010, 4:59 am

[quote="b9"]i have a friend who is ugly according to most people.
he laments that he is not celebrated by people and he is upset that he is excluded from their fantasies.
he feels that his life is worthless because he is not desired.

he is aggravated when we go out somewhere and i attract people who want to talk to me.
he says "you have no right to be loved more than me because neither of us asked to be born the way we were"

i am not loved. i am chosen like a tasty rack of lamb at a butcher shop. it is a meat market.
there is no love in lust. he has a much more lovable personality than i do, and he should be happy that he sees things in a way that is much more appreciative than i do.

but people never the less bypass him and want to talk to me, and i do not want to talk to them because i am not interested.

after a short time, they see i have an inferior mind, but they do not see that he has the mind they are looking for because he is not physically attractive. they just go away and leave us when they realize i can not think that well.

if people are like they are shopping for groceries when they meet someone, then it is obvious that their opinions do not matter.

i love animals because they do not know i am stupid.
i feel loved and needed by the animals i know because they are not physically attracted to me, so they must be spiritually attracted to me.

all he wants is humans approval, and humans can not give anyone a feeling of absolute worth because they mostly base their opinion on physical attractiveness.

if you met the person of your dreams who understood you and you totally understood them and they loved you with every fiber of their existence unconditionally forever, then, it would be blissful.....unless they were 90 years old.

so it is that every person must have some physical attraction in order to love someone else.

i do not care for physical attraction and i am not interested in anyone who licks their lips when they look at me.

i love animals who love me despite the fact that they have no idea whether i am attractive or not.

i can not get my friend to see things the way i do, and he is perpetually forlorn that he has been rejected by humans. it is something that makes him like me less.[/quote

Well, you and your friend are both male. It's so much different when you're female, it's not even comparable. Women are capable of loving on personality alone, men aren't. But that wouldn't even be an issue except I can't even get along with men on a casual basis because of my looks. They always treat me worse. So I can pretty much just assume that 50% of the population will DISLIKE me on sight, not just be neutral.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 5:30 am

I'm ugly/average and I've managed to get along with guys. Perhaps your perceiving the wrong kind of men. I know that there are just as many shallow guys as there are girls or at least that's been my experience. I was bullied by both sexes when I was in school. For a long time I felt the same way and still do to a certain degree about men. My last episode traumatized me when it involved a physical fight started by a guy. My ex also got physical with me while calling me names. It took a good 3 years to recover from it.

I do know the feeling of being invisible. And I do agree to a certain degree that guys are more judgmental by a girl's looks rather than her personality. But I've known some good guys who have been very supportive of me despite not being attractive. I've had to work on my personality and it's helped. I've had people point out to me that I sounded angry or intimidating. I'm just wondering if maybe you have some misplaced anger. Not saying you do, but based on my personal experience, sometimes there are other things going on that we aren't aware of ourselves.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 10:03 am

Yasmine wrote:

i do not care if i am stupid. it is other people who have labeled me as stupid. it is a concept that exists in their minds, and it means to them that i am disinclined to bother thinking philosophically or in any way that i am not interested in no matter how much social pressure is placed upon me to do so.
i am quite happy in my own little simple garden of experience and trivial contemplation.
i am happier to think about the lives of butterflies than to think about the state of global political affairs. that makes me simplistic and stupid in the minds of people who agonize over things that will also be dust in a million years.

Quote:
I agree. You sound wise and compassionate!

i am not wise or compassionate. i dislike that my friend feels so bad about not being liked for his appearance because it seems to matter to him. i do not "feel his pain", but i merely see it, and i do not like the sight of it.

bluerose wrote:
b9 wrote:
i have a friend .....

Well, you and your friend are both male. It's so much different when you're female, it's not even comparable. Women are capable of loving on personality alone, men aren't.

are you a cupboard lesbian?
it seems you have dismissed me merely based on the fact that i am a male.

bluerose wrote:
But that wouldn't even be an issue except I can't even get along with men on a casual basis because of my looks.

ok you have pigeon holed me. i do not even wish to tell you that i do not care about looks because you will not believe me.
i can not see what is attractive or not, and i like someone for how they make my mind feel, and i would not really like you because you are prejudiced and you would never know you are wrong about me because you would never give a male a chance due to your preconceived notions about them (and i am not a typical person anyway, which makes it even more blind of you to dismiss me).

bluerose wrote:
They always treat me worse. So I can pretty much just assume that 50% of the population will DISLIKE me on sight, not just be neutral.

so all males dislike you because you are ugly and all females may like you because they do not care?
it is not an assumption that you have. it is a presumption.

do not tar me with your brush of molten pitch simply because i am a male.

you do not know me and you can not tell how i am, given the scant fact that i am male.

bye to you and i hope you can forget your woes.

all beauty is temporary and every gorgeous girl will not be so in 60 years time.

60 years is less than a wink in evolutionary time.

you should not live your whole life and fit your entire expectations into a wink of time.

love is endless and beauty is fleeting and i can not think of anything more to say because i am wrong i guess.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 10:47 am

bluerose wrote:
Women are capable of loving on personality alone, men aren't.
That is not fair. Looks are not everything. I got harassed a lot by my friends and got confused looks from strangers because my last wife "was not pretty enough to match me". Good looks fade over time, then all that is left is personality. (I am now looking for wife #4, and looks are not a priority in when it comes to meeting her.)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 2:23 pm

Mudboy wrote:
bluerose wrote:
Women are capable of loving on personality alone, men aren't.
That is not fair. Looks are not everything. I got harassed a lot by my friends and got confused looks from strangers because my last wife "was not pretty enough to match me".

Wow how sad...

I guess looks do matter... :?

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 4:26 pm

Not to everyone.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 7:15 pm

I agree with Mudboy on this. Looks are not everything to every man. In general, generalizations suck.

A woman is beautiful to me if she has a beautiful personality as I define it, and I always spend time to find that out, no matter my initial visual impression.

But I guess I'm not completely non-shallow (Should I use deep in this context?). Because if the woman I'm dating is sufficient "ugly" (even if she's beautiful to me, I still know the average male's expectations from this term), I tend to get second thoughts about bringing her to see my friends because I'm worried about their opinion. I'm of course ashamed of this duplex philosophy and eventually bring her regardless of what they might say. I suspect I've been conditioned into thinking like this by society and my environments over the years.

randomgirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 May 2010, 9:13 pm

Every. Single. Person. On this planet is beautiful.

And anyone who believes differently needs to get an attitude adjustment.

I don't have any guy friends. I am married, but my husband was not attracted to my looks. He liked me for ME, the independent, compassionate, passionate, intense person that I am. With you (any of you), you do not need men to tell you that you are beautiful. You may think you do, but you do not. You desire it, which is a natural desire. But you do not need it. There are some real men in this world, indeed, who will see beauty in anything, but they are rare. I am not going to generalize about men either, since the majority of men who act so piggishly are doing so out of their own personal hurts, insecurities, and a general lack of knowing how to love, or knowing how to get their needs filled. That does not excuse men from abusing, hurting, or judging women. But don't live your life as though you are ugly just because of a lack of male attention. Male attention means nothing.

I am content with my small ring of girlfriends. I was before I met my hubby. I had never been even looked at, told I was beautiful or attractive, or any such thing by any men before him. He told me I was beautiful but it was not based on my outward appearance. It was based on me as a person. And that's how it should be. You can be, to the outside world, the ugliest most scary looking creature in the world, but be more beautiful than the most outwardly beautiful person. What is beauty anyway...really? Who ever said "oh a nose too big, buck teeth, eyes too far apart or together, a big forehead" are ugly? People are treated as though it is their fault they don't have perfectly proportioned faces and bodies. There is discrimination, and it is a shameful thing.

I no longer desire male friends. I only wanted their approval and to hear what I wanted to hear. I have since then learned that I can be confident in myself, and secure enough in myself, to know that I am beautiful no matter what. I do not need men to tell me, or to make me feel, that I am beautiful. I know that I am beautiful. That's it, end of story.

If you base your opinion of someone on their outward appearance, that means you are insecure and probably quite selfish.

Some of my best friends are not oil painting picture perfect people but they are the most beautiful people in the world to me. And I will defend them, and defend that point of view, until the day I die.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 May 2010, 11:50 pm

I am reasonably attractive, but this has in fact been one of the most isolating features in my life. I have lost count of the times that I have been approached by others, because they were responding to the person that I appeared to be, based on my personal appearance. When I displayed humor, intelligence, or sensitivity, these same people lost interest. They wanted me to be an empty headed, attractive bimbo, without an original thought in my head. To hell with them! My SO loves me for who I am, not my looks. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 12:27 am

randomgirl wrote:
Every. Single. Person. On this planet is beautiful.

And anyone who believes differently needs to get an attitude adjustment.

I don't believe that. I believe some people are truly evil.

randomgirl

14 May 2010, 12:51 am

They are only evil because they have turned on themselves, and are angry with the world.

Somewhere, inside of them, is some beauty. It is hidden, or has been extinguished. But it is there. And with the right treatment, it could be brought out again. But no one even wants to bother.