In your favourite sport, which team's fans.....

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 6:42 am

are the worst behaved?

eg are they are arrogant, abusive, do they blame the umpires or demand that the coach be sacked whenever the team loses, do they drink too much alcohol, do they assault opposition fans or their own fans?

When AFL fans did a poll like this
Collingwood and Richmond fans tied for most feral fans.
they tend to be abusive(the worst of them anyhow), and last season round 1 after the first game Richmond fans were demanding that the coach be sacked. I know that they lost by 80 points but round 1 is too early for that.

I get annoyed at fans that think that to support their team, they have to yell abuse at the opposition and these fans are also the ones that get abusive whenever their team is losing. I mean there is no need for that kind of behaviour.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 6:49 am

This one

Link

strapshoechris
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Mar 2010, 8:08 am

In U.S. football (NFL), the first thing that comes to mind are the New England Patriot spectators who were on hand for the Pat's last playoff game (a wild card with the Ravens, IIRC). After throwing his third interception, quarterback Tom Brady was being booed and cat-called every time he took the field by those who were originally supposed to be there cheering for him.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/10/brady-hears-the-boos/
Also I recall a few games where Chicago Bears fans acted the same way after too many turnovers by Jake Cutler.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 7:03 pm

UGA "fans". I put fans in quotations because most of them disappear instantly after a loss.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 11:46 pm

British football/soccer fans, when their teams lose.

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Apr 2010, 9:36 am

CockneyRebel wrote:

It depends on the team but many British football fans tend to be very fickle. But that could be influenced by the alcohol drunk before and after the game, and also the media, especially the sunday tabloids!! :wall:

linuxgator
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2010, 8:45 am

Phillies fans are the biggest a-holes on the planet. They actually complained about Tampa Bay Rays fans being too nice during the World Series a few years back. Also if a good player on the Phils has a slump, he may as well pack his bags and expect a trade as they'll just boo him incessantly until the team gets rid of him...

I gotta agree with pat2rome on the so called UGA fans, they're right up there with LSU fans, one of whom started a car on fire during a tailgate.

aspartame
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2010, 7:03 am

Philadelphia Flyers fans are also notoriously rude and awful.

eroberts
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2010, 8:17 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

We aren't all bad, though I agree that some fans really do behave badly even if their team don't lose.

Millwall are probably the worst in English Football (Soccer). (Not saying they're all bad, like every club they have their bad element).

Last edited by eroberts on 18 Apr 2010, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2010, 11:57 pm

Boston, New York, and Philadelphia - for any American sport.

Philadelphia needs no explanation. I live in the Boston area, love the Sox and Pats ... we're nuts. And well, New Yorkers are (insert profanity here). 'nuff said.