Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 3:42 pm

1. Some of the teachers like to let kids down a lot. They think stuff like talking about your special interests isn't cool, which makes me sad because that's part of who I am.

2. Whenever most of the class fails of test or some other important assignment, the teacher makes some 5 or 10 minute lecture about it and I usually do good in that class.

3. I hate being the only senior in my class in a group of underclassmen.

4. Here's the most horrible thing: With the program I'm in, I can't go to a 4-year university or something like that. The only choices after you leave high school is to spend 2 years in community college or get a job (which aren't both bad).

God, I can't wait to get out of high school in 3 months.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 3:45 pm

Are you getting an actual diploma or an IEP diploma? If you are getting an actual HS diploma then you can go to a 4 year college if the college will accept you.

With that in mind though, 2-year colleges are not all that bad. Most are as rigorous as the 4 year schools because of the transfer agreements but the class sizes are smaller (especially once you get out of the intro courses) and the teachers are more accessible.

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 3:46 pm

demeus wrote:
Are you getting an actual diploma or an IEP diploma? If you are getting an actual HS diploma then you can go to a 4 year college if the college will accept you.

With that in mind though, 2-year colleges are not all that bad. Most are as rigorous as the 4 year schools because of the transfer agreements but the class sizes are smaller (especially once you get out of the intro courses) and the teachers are more accessible.

I think an actual diploma.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 4:09 pm

What type of Spec. Ed. curriculum are you in? It's not for students who are mentally ret*d, is it? My high school also has a Spec. Ed. department for students with mental retardation, like Down Syndrome, Autism, stuff like that.

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 4:28 pm

Descartes wrote:
What type of Spec. Ed. curriculum are you in? It's not for students who are mentally ret*d, is it? My high school also has a Spec. Ed. department for students with mental retardation, like Down Syndrome, Autism, stuff like that.

It's one for autistic students.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 5:26 pm

I've been there BIG time, I was in a special needs school for a very long time since the age of 7 up until last year.... Since then I've missed out alot in my lifetime that alot of normal people would normally do....

So yea and what I didn't like about it was the fact I was treated as if I was a baby or a very young kid, I was after all very intelligent when it comes to computers (yet can't blooming figure out how fix msn). :lol: other than that I eventually got offered to college and then that was my secial ed finished.

Sometimes it can go the right way, although I had to teach myself so many things, yes this does mean independence, had to teach myself that, thank goodness I learned that otherwise I would just be doomed.

- superboyian